• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

So Cal Silver #46, Wheats, And Other Oddities

Jamflicker

Elite Member
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was able to get out and brave the 100 degree heat on Saturday. In the morning I meet up with my buddy Orlando (usmceng1) to try a couple parks that I had been researching. I was able to get a 1926 Merc, my 46th silver of the year and Orlando got a couple wheats. After Orlando left I meet up with another buddy Greg (GStout76) to do some house lot hunting. I didn't find any silver but found 5 wheats and a few other oddball items. My favorite is a shield thing from Avalon Bay on Catalina Island. When I cleaned it I realized it was silver plated and I am assuming it came off of some type of souvenir. If anyone has any info on the military button I would appreciate it. It looks newer and the back was rusted out. I also found 3 wheats last Wednesday evening after work. Jason

Attachments

• Finds 5_11_13.jpg
    Finds 5_11_13.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Finds 5_11_13 #2.jpg
    Finds 5_11_13 #2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 204
That's a nice early Merc.

You seem to find as many wheats as I do. I am up to 181 so far this year.

That's a nice early Merc.

You seem to find as many wheats as I do. I am up to 181 so far this year.
Thanks pulltabMiner! 181 is a bunch of wheats. I and hoping to beat my wheat total from last year of 749. I seem to be a wheat magnet!

Awesome finds again! Thanks for sharing. Making me wish I still lived down there (sorta) :)

Badge is cool!

Thanks GroundSweeper! Where about did you live in So Cal?

Congrats on the finds!! Nice to see good finds still coming from SoCal. I used to live there 4.5 years ago until the wife and I moved to Texas. I will be out there this summer though and hoping to do some metal detecting with my dad. I miss going to the beach and smelling the ocean air while finding money...lol Port of Los Angeles was my home most of my life. Again, congrats and hope you find more silver and wheaties. Went to a park here in Fort Worth and hunted the kids play area for an hour. Only found 1 penny and some aluminum junk and another penny in the parking lot by my car....don't feel like the kids play areas are productive out here....guess I need to move to the grassy areas....either that or got snuffed by a local who came through already...that happens, even in Cali...LoL

Congrats on the finds!! Nice to see good finds still coming from SoCal. I used to live there 4.5 years ago until the wife and I moved to Texas. I will be out there this summer though and hoping to do some metal detecting with my dad. I miss going to the beach and smelling the ocean air while finding money...lol Port of Los Angeles was my home most of my life. Again, congrats and hope you find more silver and wheaties. Went to a park here in Fort Worth and hunted the kids play area for an hour. Only found 1 penny and some aluminum junk and another penny in the parking lot by my car....don't feel like the kids play areas are productive out here....guess I need to move to the grassy areas....either that or got snuffed by a local who came through already...that happens, even in Cali...LoL
Thanks ThriceChex! Let me know when you are out this summer and maybe we can do some hunting.

Keep them coming Jason!!
Thanks Ron! I am trying but it is getting harder to find the silvers.

Back
Top Bottom