New F4 Going NUTS!!!!

Mr. Haney

Elite Member
I have a Fisher F4 that has been out of the box for about 2 weeks. Bought it (and another F4) from a guy who lost interest. Anyway, out hunting yesterday and about 2 hours in, it goes crazy.

It gives erratic tones from low to high. The readout says 4...77....8.....6....91...2.....55... 4 ...72...3...etc,etc. No matter if it's on the ground, held out horizontally nothing stops it. So I change batteries with no change. I was at an old homesite, deep in the woods. No power lines anywhere.

I am thinking the coil has crapped out.

I did rinse the coil off a few days ago with the hose. It is supposed to be waterproof. Could this be the cause?

By the way, I can't swap coils to check. One is push on a the other screws on.

Thanks in advance for ideas or advice.

Oh, this is just great.:shock: I am looking at going to the F4 or F5 from my current F2. Did you contact Fisher and ask them what they thought it was? Might give Julian Alba a call. He's pretty sharp and has helped me several times. Good Luck!

Swapped batteries. When i got home same thing happening. It does same thing in every mode. Even if I descriminate out up to sc, it jumps all over the upper numbers.

If its not to much trouble you could try unpluging the coil & turning on the machine to see if the problem quits... Sounds almost like its in a all metal mode..

You said you have two F2's right? Plug other coil in and see if it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom