New Garrett detector

Rsgatpro

Garrett just uploaded a video to youtube. New detector announcement coming in the next 2 weeks. Excited to see what they come out with.

Calling it now. Gonna be an upgraded and waterproof ACE model to compete with the Vanquish.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I hope its more than that. I would love to see Garrett bring a new revolutionary machine to market. One can only hope.

I hope its more than that. I would love to see Garrett bring a new revolutionary machine to market. One can only hope.

The AT Max was a complete miss IMO. Hoping this machine makes me purchase another Garrett. I'm surprised the new detector launch is still happening with all that is going on right now...

The AT Max was a complete miss IMO. Hoping this machine makes me purchase another Garrett.

The AT Max was certainly a miss for me. I tried hard to like it as my sole detector during the entire 2018 detecting season, but ultimately gave up and sold it in December 2018. Audio quality and tones were my primary complaint, but I also ended up losing confidence in the AT Max’s performance in the iron infested locations I frequently hunt.

I really enjoyed the Ace 400 that got me started in the hobby. If this new machine is truly innovative and competitive with the versatile units other manufacturers have put out over the last couple years, I’d be happy to give Garrett another look. But if it’s just a feature update to an existing line and renamed the “Ace Pro 5000” or “AT Ultimate”, I’ll pass.

I'm surprised the new detector launch is still happening with all that is going on right now...

Agreed, it could be a risk, but the timing might actually be ideal. Remember, it’s just a “new detector announcement” that’s coming, which means the actual launch might be as much as a year away. They could hit the market at exactly the right time - the hype has plenty of time to build to a fever pitch (pardon the pun) while everyone is stuck inside with quarantines and stay-at-home orders, with little to relieve their cabin fever other than speculate and debate how great the new machine will perform compared to existing products. And if the machine launches in about a year, that will be just about right for almost all of the virus fears to subside, physical distancing restrictions to relax, and for the economy to recover enough for folks to feel comfortable with throwing money at a new rig, especially if the machine is in the low to moderate price range (which it almost has to be...a $1000 or $1500 machine or greater would be a tone-deaf mistake in the current detector market!).

Here’s the link to the Garrett YouTube announcement referenced by the OP (the portion relevant to the new release starts at 2mins22sec):

I doubt the "New" detector will be launched anytime soon. The Garrett website states that they're are shutting down operations for two weeks starting on March 23rd. Considering that the stay in place orders are still in effect the shutdown will probably go on indefinitely. The Garrett website has all the info as to what they are and aren't doing. Go to the website and click on the update banner at the top of the page.

The AT Max was a complete miss IMO. Hoping this machine makes me purchase another Garrett. I'm surprised the new detector launch is still happening with all that is going on right now...

They were planning to announce it at their hunt and other rallies.
Those were all canceled so hence the video and web site announcements.

Please Garrett! I would like a multi-frequency, waterproof, balanced shaft, wireless audio with a good, adjustable backlit screen detector. Make sure it can handle salt and high mineralization. Also to include, the uncanny ability to howl on gold nuggets, chains, jewelry, silver and coins. Must have multiple TID tones.
Please include the small coil. Thanks!:cool3:

Please Garrett! I would like a multi-frequency, waterproof, balanced shaft, wireless audio with a good, adjustable backlit screen detector. Make sure it can handle salt and high mineralization. Also to include, the uncanny ability to howl on gold nuggets, chains, jewelry, silver and coins. Must have multiple TID tones.
Please include the small coil. Thanks!:cool3:

You left one key detail out: what you're willing to pay for such a machine.

The AT Max was certainly a miss for me. I tried hard to like it as my sole detector during the entire 2018 detecting season, but ultimately gave up and sold it in December 2018. Audio quality and tones were my primary complaint, but I also ended up losing confidence in the AT Max’s performance in the iron infested locations I frequently hunt.

I really enjoyed the Ace 400 that got me started in the hobby. If this new machine is truly innovative and competitive with the versatile units other manufacturers have put out over the last couple years, I’d be happy to give Garrett another look. But if it’s just a feature update to an existing line and renamed the “Ace Pro 5000” or “AT Ultimate”, I’ll pass.

Agreed, it could be a risk, but the timing might actually be ideal. Remember, it’s just a “new detector announcement” that’s coming, which means the actual launch might be as much as a year away. They could hit the market at exactly the right time - the hype has plenty of time to build to a fever pitch (pardon the pun) while everyone is stuck inside with quarantines and stay-at-home orders, with little to relieve their cabin fever other than speculate and debate how great the new machine will perform compared to existing products. And if the machine launches in about a year, that will be just about right for almost all of the virus fears to subside, physical distancing restrictions to relax, and for the economy to recover enough for folks to feel comfortable with throwing money at a new rig, especially if the machine is in the low to moderate price range (which it almost has to be...a $1000 or $1500 machine or greater would be a tone-deaf mistake in the current detector market!).

Great points. I'm betting without the coronavirus, it would have had a fall/winter shipping date, just in time for the 2020 holiday season.

Now? Who knows...

Back
Top Bottom