Man I hate thieves!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Finally happened.... the wife and I took our kids out to a couple parks today and we pulled into a little off the highway town to get gas and use the restroom, by the time we came back out, someone pulled up and stole my Nox 600. They left the wife's new Simplex alone, but my nox was taken. I went back to the store and asked if they had video cameras and they said only the manager has access to the cameras bit they gave me the number to that particular counties sherriff's office. I DO have another Nox 600, it was the one I bought for the wife but she didn't like it so it's a back up, but its horrible to think some A hole is probably enjoying a couple hundred bucks at my expense... I truly HATE thieves.....

Sorry to hear this. I cover up my MD stuff with a moving blanket and windows up and locked doors. I trust nobody except friends I know for years.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

That sounds a little odd to say the least. You are SURE it made it into the car from the last place you were at?

That sounds a little odd to say the least. You are SURE it made it into the car from the last place you were at?

100% positive. We had our kids bikes with us and I had to move them around to fit my Nox and the wife's Simplex back there. My Nox was sitting on top of her simplex. We were only in the store for about 4 minutes, my guess is someone saw the handle sticking up and snatched it up. They left both our pin pointers and her simplex alone. They didn't have enough time to grab it all.....

My machines were in the back of my pickup, which is probably how they were able to see the Nox handle. I don't think they even know what they have.... just saw something that looked valuable and took it...

100% positive. We had our kids bikes with us and I had to move them around to fit my Nox and the wife's Simplex back there. My Nox was sitting on top of her simplex. We were only in the store for about 4 minutes, my guess is someone saw the handle sticking up and snatched it up. They left both our pin pointers and her simplex alone. They didn't have enough time to grab it all.....

That is a stroke of bad luck for sure. We just don’t have that nonsense around here. Obviously keep an eye out for “new detectorists” and on Facebook MP and CL. What a scumbag!

Sucks man, for sure. I don’t think I’ll ever get over my BMX bike getting stolen from the side of our house when I was like 12. I called 911... :lol:

I try and cover my detector with a old war time wool blanket in the back seat, locked car of course. Some people suck!

Sucks man, for sure. I don’t think I’ll ever get over my BMX bike getting stolen from the side of our house when I was like 12. I called 911... :lol:

I try and cover my detector with a old war time wool blanket in the back seat, locked car of course. Some people suck!

Definitely a good idea! We dont normally have a theft issue around here but I guess maybe it's time to stop hauling them around in the truck. I'm just glad they didn't take the wife's Simplex, she LOVES that machine and uses it a hundred times more than thr Nox, so we have another Nox here but it sure sucks knowing someone stole it

Sorry to hear that, a real bummer for sure.

Report it stolen, hopefully you have the serial number.

Watch places where they might try to sell it, like Craigslist, pawn shops (if any are still open right now), and other places.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the thief joined this (or another) forum to try to sell it ?

Be nice if it had a GPS tracker attached to it !

It stollen to Mine Lab , if it ever needs the shop , its red taged serial # , ya they said around here , lock all your doors , people are out of jobs' .

Sorry to hear that, a real bummer for sure.

Report it stolen, hopefully you have the serial number.

Watch places where they might try to sell it, like Craigslist, pawn shops (if any are still open right now), and other places.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the thief joined this (or another) forum to try to sell it ?

Be nice if it had a GPS tracker attached to it !

I DO have the serial number, also, it has a stripped out screw for the arm rest so it's a little loose. Has one big scratch down the side... hopefully if I come across it on CL or something I can get it back without a big old fuss...

I DO have the serial number, also, it has a stripped out screw for the arm rest so it's a little loose. Has one big scratch down the side... hopefully if I come across it on CL or something I can get it back without a big old fuss...

They recommend doing Craigslist transactions at a police station for safety, and if you notice it's yours you can say "hey officer, come here please" and get it back for free !

Slim to none

That you will see it back, unless the video can ID them, sad case, leason learned , i never leave anything valuable in my vehicle , even covered up i worry . Probably swapped for drug money.

It stollen to Mine Lab , if it ever needs the shop , its red taged serial # , ya they said around here , lock all your doors , people are out of jobs' .

Are you saying Minelab will automatically contact the original registered owner if a Minelab detector is received for repair from a different person, or does he need to contact Minelab with the serial number and report it was stolen so they know to watch for it ?

Aw Chris, Man, that bites! I agree with reporting it to Minelab too, after the local PD, of course. Not sure what good it would do, but you never know. Another thing to think about; there's always hope that something good can come from a bad thing. Your reminder here may just save others from getting their stuff ripped off. I know I'll be thinking about this a little more after reading your post.

Bummer that they stole your detector. Crooks are everywhere. I detect for a couple of hours every Saturday morning before work. My Saturday work involves making sales calls on a pair of Walmarts so my car is in view of dozens or even hundreds of people at each of them for about an hour at each one. My car is locked, all my equipment is covered with a blanket and other items to hide what's underneath. Haven't had anything stolen yet. Someone I know on another forum had his detector stolen a couple of years ago at a Walmart in Florida.

Get a bed cover. Well worth it. I used to have a metal locking one. Now I just have a soft cover. It can still be cut into but it would deter these type of “4 minute” grabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom