Beaches being closed.

georgeinsc

Elite Member
There are three island beaches in my area. Two of them have been closed to visitors. Isle of Palms and Folly island have decided they do not need our money. No entry to the islands unless you a resident, a guest of a resident or have a rental contract on one of the homes on the island. Day visitors are not welcome. My favorite beach to detect is closed.

I'm looking at the still image beach cam shot from Santa Cruz Boardwalk, from 6pm today (~30 min. ago). And see scores of people on the beach. Including 2 guys metal detecting by the Dream Inn side . Ok guys, if you're reading this, what did you find ? Be sure to send me my 30% cut :laughing:

I'm looking at the still image beach cam shot from Santa Cruz Boardwalk, from 6pm today (~30 min. ago). And see scores of people on the beach. Including 2 guys metal detecting by the Dream Inn side . Ok guys, if you're reading this, what did you find ? Be sure to send me my 30% cut :laughing:

Settle for a roll of toilet paper ?

I never find anything up there. Someone hunted it out.:D

All coastal access is closed here. Too bad, that's one place I can practice "social distancing" while I detect!

I was looking to see if I could find a beach within 100 miles that was open and discovered that all beaches in SC are Closed.

South Carolina extends school closing from the end of March to the end of April:

"S.C. governor closes public K-12 schools through April 30"

While the governor is hoping to avoid a statewide "shelter-in-place" mandate, at least 2 local areas are considering it,
one is Charleston South Carolina -

https://www.postandcourier.com/health/covid19/amid-rise-in-coronavirus-tecklenburg-pushes-stay-at-home-restrictions/article_0a29c94e-6de7-11ea-84b1-c3369b331f03.html

Quote from the above link:

"Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg wants residents to stay indoors and not leave their homes for two weeks unless it is to go to the grocery store, pharmacy or the doctors office as South Carolina sees exponential increases in positive coronavirus cases.
The Charleston City Council is expected to vote on “stay at home” restrictions during its meeting at 5 p.m. conference call that is open to the public. …...The city’s restrictions would go into effect Thursday morning."
(end of quote)

Indiana just put the stay-in-place order, but allows recreation as long as you don't congregate in groups. Today was the warmest day so far this year and there were MANY people out walking and playing on the Lake Michigan beaches. Almost like summer!

Indiana just put the stay-in-place order, but allows recreation as long as you don't congregate in groups. Today was the warmest day so far this year and there were MANY people out walking and playing on the Lake Michigan beaches. Almost like summer!

…...but where they all practicing "social distancing" and each one keeping away from each other ? :shock:

…...but where they all practicing "social distancing" and each one keeping away from each other ?

The one group of teens I saw were playing frisbee, but the others were separated. Many were (I assume) married couples. Besides it was outside in the fresh air, which is many times better than the people in the crowded grocery stores, getting food and others' germs. :shock:

The one group of teens I saw were playing frisbee, but the others were separated. Many were (I assume) married couples. Besides it was outside in the fresh air, which is many times better than the people in the crowded grocery stores, getting food and others' germs. :shock:

I hope they were wearing rubber gloves and disinfected that frisbee :shock:

Thought you hurt your foot. It must be better now. Hope so.

I tore the tendons in my left foot in September. Had surgery in November.

It still is not right and may never be as when I step the foot slaps the ground.

IT is step. slap step. slap. Makes folks look at me funny. No problem at the beach as I am taking short steps but normal walking noT so good.

But I will survive As the saying GOES: , A Country Boy can survive. Been doing that for a lot of years and hope to be able to do so for a few more.

I tore the tendons in my left foot in September. Had surgery in November.

It still is not right and may never be as when I step the foot slaps the ground.

IT is step. slap step. slap. Makes folks look at me funny. No problem at the beach as I am taking short steps but normal walking noT so good.

But I will survive As the saying GOES: , A Country Boy can survive. Been doing that for a lot of years and hope to be able to do so for a few more.

I hear you. When I tore my ACL two years ago the doctors seemed to think anyone over 40 was too old for the surgery. Getting out there metal detecting was the best therapy ever. Hope it works for you. You're a fighter, that's for sure. Good luck with all your hunting.

Pretty much the same here in VA. You can fish and exercise at the beaches, but not in groups, so I wonder if metal detecting is sort of an exercise?

Back
Top Bottom