Anybody ever had some bling bling made with their gold finds?

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Set my goal for the year. I had this Flounder made years ago for fishing tournaments. Hoping my clad will pay for a bigger one with sapphire eyes this year. Wound up with $51.06 in clad for January not including counting the zincs. Gonna keep a running total for every month this year. If you are gonna scrap a ring with blue sapphires, let me know how much you want for the sapphires. ARA isn't gonna pay you much. I'm hoping I can find a good gold chain before years end:lol:

By the way. If you use a jeweler who doesn't know what a Flounder is, make sure you draw what the bloodline should look like. At least he was facing left, since I've never caught one facing right and have been fishing for them since I was 4.:lol:

Attachments

• SAM_0989.jpg
    SAM_0989.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 368
  • SAM_0991.jpg
    SAM_0991.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 375
  • SAM_0992.jpg
    SAM_0992.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 381
I spoke two a guy who made a belt buckle out of all his 14k gold. Total weight was 14 oz. Oh yes he was wearing it detecting to.

I spoke two a guy who made a belt buckle out of all his 14k gold. Total weight was 14 oz. Oh yes he was wearing it detecting to.

:shock: I remember in school a long time ago watching a show, they let Julia Childs cook with a solid gold frying pan to see how it cooked. Cast iron I think worked better. But I was too busy checking out the frying pan:lol:

I really like what you had made.I am a Fluke fishing machine Never thought of having a charm made up but after seeing yours....I think i might have to be a copy cat:p

I really like what you had made.I am a Fluke fishing machine Never thought of having a charm made up but after seeing yours....I think i might have to be a copy cat:p

You aren't copying me. Get one done if you can't find one already done. Guy who made this one is dead now. Gotta shop around for a jeweler but I have all year. Some will make one for gold in trade if you have enough. I don't trust the guy who took over the jewelry store I used any more. Don't see many flounders done though. Got a friend who had real barrel swivel necklace and bracelet made along with a big kingfish. Getting a couple hundred barrel swivels made is expensive!

Set my goal for the year. I had this Flounder made years ago for fishing tournaments. Hoping my clad will pay for a bigger one with sapphire eyes this year. Wound up with $51.06 in clad for January not including counting the zincs. Gonna keep a running total for every month this year. If you are gonna scrap a ring with blue sapphires, let me know how much you want for the sapphires. ARA isn't gonna pay you much. I'm hoping I can find a good gold chain before years end:lol:

By the way. If you use a jeweler who doesn't know what a Flounder is, make sure you draw what the bloodline should look like. At least he was facing left, since I've never caught one facing right and have been fishing for them since I was 4.:lol:

With what I have found, I had the gold combined to 14k, then made into a gold nugget ring, with my mother's wedding ring's stones placed in it, in a random pattern. :roll:

Larry, I had this mothers ring made for my wife out of the first fattie I found with the DF. I'm still using the same jeweler...he's the only one who agreed to do it for the leftover gold and no extra cash. He makes a lot of custom stuff, I'll ask him about a flounder. BTW, I find one about that size in my scoop from time to time (real, not gold):laughing:...recon you do too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 286
Larry, if you want to try this yourself, make plans to stop by one of these days. I have wax, the furnace, casting equipment, the whole 9-yards....

-David

PS...when I find enough, I'd like to make a bezel like this....

Attachments

• sharkbezel.jpg
    sharkbezel.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Larry, I had this mothers ring made for my wife out of the first fattie I found with the DF. I'm still using the same jeweler...he's the only one who agreed to do it for the leftover gold and no extra cash. He makes a lot of custom stuff, I'll ask him about a flounder. BTW, I find one about that size in my scoop from time to time (real, not gold):laughing:...recon you do too.

Seen lots of real ones. Google "Hogchoker flounder" if you want a laugh. We call them boat patches:lol: Nice ticket you had made:yes:

Last edited:
I work with a guy who ownes a jewelry shop and offered to melt some gold I found to make a bezel to hold my 2 Reale I found last summer. I just need to find a fat 14k necklace to put the bezel on.

I work with a guy who ownes a jewelry shop and offered to melt some gold I found to make a bezel to hold my 2 Reale I found last summer. I just need to find a fat 14k necklace to put the bezel on.

Chains are tricky. Even the one my Flounder is hanging from you pretty much have to detect the ends. And it's 19.2 grams of 14k. If you got any chains bring them with you one day and test the detector on the beach you are hunting over it. Some people never find gold chains. I've found a few. None good signals.

Thinking of getting a grill made, that's how I roll.

Actually the jeweler said it wouldn't work so well made from square nails and bottle caps.

Larry, I have given thought of having something made from some of my gold and fish was the first thing that came to my mind since I have also fished since I was old enough to hold a rod,,,,,seen snook and sailfish but not a flounder,,,,,neat idea,,,,that is an impressive clad count,,,,great work,,,,GL HH

I Took all my gold and silver one year

and had a fellow make bangles.

then christmas -two different years i had gold earrings made from gold rings i with nice size stones.

Attachments

• HENRYS BRAC C SM.jpg
    HENRYS BRAC C SM.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 207
  • GOLD BANGLE.jpg
    GOLD BANGLE.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 208
  • DIA-SAP EARRINGS.jpg
    DIA-SAP EARRINGS.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 210
  • DIAMOND EARRINGS.jpg
    DIAMOND EARRINGS.jpg