My 1st of the year is a Draped bust

fred sanford

Elite Member
I saw all my buddies got out yesterday and found some nice stuff. Congrats Sean, Rob, and Dave. That inspired me to get out today after work and try start the new year with some nice finds. I hit a park that used to be an old school from the early 1900's. Many have pounded this place. It was local and quick to get to so I ended up there. Found a few wheats and then I got a quarter sound about 6-7inches deep. I thought it might be silver but when I dug the plug I saw the green patina . Its amazing this hasn't been yanked from the ground because where it was. The coin I think is Draped Bust , dated 1807 0r 09. I am afraid to clean it an further. It has some nice detail , for this area. Well its not silver , but I am not complaining. HH everybody.

Attachments

• drapebustcochrv1.JPG
    drapebustcochrv1.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 582
  • drapebustcochrv3.JPG
    drapebustcochrv3.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 569
  • drapebustcochrv2.JPG
    drapebustcochrv2.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 581
Nice coin tim one thing u can do that if your soft with it u wont do any damage i dont see any sign of flaking so if u do it lightly like i did mine u can get that to look great with the green pitina an still get really nice details and both the 1807-9 where draped bust congrats man.

Congrats on an awesome find!! That one is in great shape. Great find to start the year bro!

Absolutely amazing to me that you guys find coins that old. Big congrats on a fine dig.

Very nice dig! You got your first copper only two days into the new year. At this pace you will shatter HeavyMetal Nut's record.

Congratulations man! That is a great way to start out the new year!

I want one of those

I've never found a large copper coin yet thats a nice one too.
You could soak it in water then use tooth picks to scrub the crud off that works well with out doing any damage to it.It won't remove the petina though
but really helps to bring out the detail.
You may already know this but:
Do not use vingar for copper coins it will destroy them.

Back
Top Bottom