Went Bling Hunting....Found Silver Bling #6

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
I decided to hit a hot spot that just HAD to have some bling laying in the ground. I've hit this spot twice before and each time coming up empty on bling. I guess a third try is just what I needed.

This corner lot is right next to a Dairy Queen. The DQ owners have put up 6 or 7 picnic tables so you can eat your ice cream outside and enjoy the weather. Well, our unusual warm weather this year has kept this lot busy with ice cream eaters.

I have left it alone since Thanksgiving.......I couldn't wait any longer for fear our my local poachers!:D

Here's a shot for about an hour and a half!

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

8-quarters
14-dimes
6-nickels
62-pennies
1-"no cash" token

90 coins for $4.32.............Silver ring (silver jewelry #6)

Most, if not all of the coins were just under the surface. The ATPro was just dinging everywhere. The ProPointer got a workout, too!

I was almost ready to switch hunting areas and I get a really good "92" VDI reading. In the past this VDI number has produced multiple coins usually with a dime or nickel sitting right on top of a quarter.

Well, I turn little plug over and I see a ring! I thought for sure I scored some white gold. I could see right away it was a wedding band. My eyes see gold (very wishfull thinking) but the brain says wait....."92" VDI. So, I swing the ATPro again over the plug and nothing.

The hallmark was gone but I took it to my jewelry buddy who tested it as silver.

DSC00907.jpg

Very cool Rob. Nice outing today!!!!

Grats on the the Silver ring.:p

I hit that park we talked about...I did another 1/3rd as thats all I could handle...nothing BUT clad..all in the middle of that field. You shoulda come..

If you go there, the park off of Austin Ave...hit the last 1/3rd of the open field, to the right. VERY LITTLE trash, nothing BUT clad there. I pulled $6.00 in clad today in two hours. Let me know if you do.....

The last 1/5 hour I gave up on pennies, I just passed them by....there were so many there....I was getting tired.

Grats again on the ring.

This was ring #5 for the year. 3 are silver!:D The other 2 were junk, though!

No ice cream for me.....there were closed. Did the early AM hunt!

That is some serious digging you got there. I found a ring just like that on the beach with the same results -- Silver.

Hey I have a ring just like that I got a few yrs back for my birthday. Nice ! :yes:

That's one heck of a load how big was the area where you were searching ?

Hey I have a ring just like that I got a few yrs back for my birthday. Nice ! :yes:

That's one heck of a load how big was the area where you were searching ?

I'd say the area was like a 20ft x 20ft square area. I just hunted from the parking lot to the picnic tables.

Have done it three times now and it's produced easily $20+. But, of course, I'm hunting bling!

Watch where the people gather...somebody is gonna drop something.

Back
Top Bottom