First time pinpointer buying advice.

darnsober

So I finally broke down and went out and picked this up today. After the discount for applying for a credit card and 10% off for the box being opened I paid $99 for it. As soon as I turned it on in the store all the aggravation of my hunts the last three weeks not using a pinpointer or using a pinpointer other that a pro pointer left my body. They gave me some gifts for signing up also. I didn't listen to suggestions from others to get a quality pinpointer like the Garrett and really didn't think it would matter what pinpointer I bought but was I wrong. So anyone who is thinking about getting a pinpointer and is willing to spend 50 dollars now for a cheap one until they can save up enough for a quality pinpointer I suggest just digging without one until you can buy one or if you think saving a couple dollars by buying something cheaper is the answer..... well for me the pro pointer is my 4th pinpointer in three weeks lol. Just some advice to save you who are thinking about buying a pinpointer for the first time some money buying cheap ones until you can get a quality one.
d61be4b7f956d6d57bdde81a26cd2830.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

The major reason the cheap stuff sells is because most people haven't use the good stuff.

A prime example of "you get what you pay for".
Barefoot right. I haven't even tested it on a coin or detected with it. But in the store and at home just turning it on and feeling the vibration and hearing the sound on metal is a massive upgrade to the ones I was using.

The wife and I use the Pro Pointer 2. We had one for thr longest time and then realized... nothing tests your marriage like sharing a pin pointer. We decided to buy a cheaper one first and oh man did we lose our minds trying to use it. We bought the Bonuty Hunter one.. NEVER again. We returned it within an hour of buying it. After that, we upgraded machines and got 2 free MineLab Pro Find 15's which weren't awful, but not nearly as effective as the pro pointer 2. Finally broke down a little while back and bought a second Pro Pointer 2, and have absolutely ZERO complaints. One day I'll order up the carrot, but for now, these work wonderfully. If you're gonna spend 50 bucks, save it and get the pro pointer 2 if you dont want the carrot.

The wife and I use the Pro Pointer 2. We had one for thr longest time and then realized... nothing tests your marriage like sharing a pin pointer. We decided to buy a cheaper one first and oh man did we lose our minds trying to use it. We bought the Bonuty Hunter one.. NEVER again. We returned it within an hour of buying it. After that, we upgraded machines and got 2 free MineLab Pro Find 15's which weren't awful, but not nearly as effective as the pro pointer 2. Finally broke down a little while back and bought a second Pro Pointer 2, and have absolutely ZERO complaints. One day I'll order up the carrot, but for now, these work wonderfully. If you're gonna spend 50 bucks, save it and get the pro pointer 2 if you dont want the carrot.
I wish I would of done the same. I bought a cen tech from harbor freight and was excited until it went dead in a hour from the rain. It only works now 10 percent of the time. Ordered one off line and it only vibrates. Spent 35 on that and 15 on the cen tech. Spent 50 on a pistol probe. Did a great job pinpointing before dig but doesn't have the high quality sound to hear through the headphones that came with my at pro. So with those three I spent the 100 dollars that I spent on the Garrett. I might try selling the pistol probe for 40 which isn't a bad price. Brand new not on sale or closeout price they're over 100 dollars but I might just give it to one of the boys. They're use it as a metal detector and detect with it lol.

Back
Top Bottom