Shuttin' it down for 2017

robren

Forum Supporter
Hello Everyone

Deer hunting in NH for another couple weeks will keep me out of the woods. The weather seems to be taking a turn and even the sand at the local lake is starting to freeze up.
Wanted to share my last couple ''good'' finds.

Civil War Army Navy token was found at a local lake that is drawn down every winter. Water level is down about 20ft from the high water mark. Also found a wheatie and 4 injuns, all pretty toasted. I've found some pretty old coins here - including a trime last year :yes:

The rock was found at a different lake in the area. I haven't had a chance to verify if it's real yet. Found at about 6'' deep in the sand, the setting seems to be silver (?) with a mark of some kind. I can't see it. It's a single earring -- fingers crossed.

So I hope everyone has an awesome holiday season. I will be reading all your posts thru the snow months. GL&HH
Batteries Out

Attachments

• IMG_20171121_151956.jpg
    IMG_20171121_151956.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20171031_160652.jpg
    IMG_20171031_160652.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_20171031_160519.jpg
    IMG_20171031_160519.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_20171121_151822.jpg
    IMG_20171121_151822.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 387
Nice finds man, the token is an odd one.
I used to live in that area many moons ago, between brat and keene, are you close to there?

Is no one going to ask this but me.......where you hunting deer if its not in the woods?:?: The choices we have to make...... you have one to many hobbies.... drop the hunting and grab a pick. That ground aint that hard.:laughing:

Is no one going to ask this but me.......where you hunting deer if its not in the woods?:?: The choices we have to make...... you have one to many hobbies.... drop the hunting and grab a pick. That ground aint that hard.:laughing:

I'm not a deer hunter :lol: - It's the others hunting deer that makes me a little jiggy to be in the woods MD'ing :shock: I usually hit the local beaches during deer season. Both of these finds were from local lakes.
Thanks for looking dew

Looks like you had a good time out in the water!

It all depends how far north in NH you are Robren.

I've known a guy or two who have hunted NH all winter long...by driving to southern Mass or RI. You can always stay in NH and hit Hampton Beach!

Just get out there and MD, but make sure you wear the right outfit (so you will fit in)

Great finds, love that token and hope the stone is real

adult-deer-costume.jpg

The rock was found at a different lake in the area. I haven't had a chance to verify if it's real yet. Found at about 6'' deep in the sand, the setting seems to be silver (?) with a mark of some kind. I can't see it. It's a single earring -- fingers crossed....

I've found several of those style stud earrings and you should always test them to be sure. Most of the ones I find have a .925 settings with a CZ. The last one had marking on the post that I believe said 1KCZ.925 (which was about a 1 kt CZ stone in a silver setting. So far, the gold ones have had a real stone, but not all had a stamp for the stone size. Anyhow, here are a few examples.

Go get it tested and keep us posted!

Attachments

• earring2.JPG
    earring2.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 144
  • earring.jpg
    earring.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 159
Good scores. Congrats! Yup I can see why your shutting it down. I checked the temp in Manchester (originally from there) yesterday and was 22F Brrrrrrr.... Think I'll stay where I am and enjoy the beaches.

Back
Top Bottom