Gold PHOTO updated

Steve

Forum Supporter
Finally got to hit the beach. Went to 1 I've had moderate success with. It's an 18 hour train ride and 2 hour bus ride from my home :(
My usual spots get hammered daily by a pack of roving ctx' s (not far apart).. which is fine when it's a big beach. Not so fine when it's a small roped off section the size of a basketball court.

The beach had a very heavy sloppy sand. Wetsand the holes were filling in almost instantly and targets were giving off signals that were almost impossible to get out of the hole.
Found 2 small gold. 1 was a tiny 24k ball. The other an 18k rose/white gold.
The targets I was digging and the type/size of gold I found leads me to think this beach is also being hammered

Attachments

• 20171123_112958_resized.jpg
    20171123_112958_resized.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 977
  • 20171123_113012_resized.jpg
    20171123_113012_resized.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 945
  • 20171123_113835_resized.jpg
    20171123_113835_resized.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 945
  • 20171123_113845_resized.jpg
    20171123_113845_resized.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 953
Last edited:
Dang, 20 hours one way? You sleep on the train? Wow that’s crazy!

Very nice golds tho, that ring is sweet looking, way to go!

Congrats on the gold! Your post makes me realize how lucky I am to have sites close to home with desireable targets.

I love my hunting....... but 20 hours? Surely that's one slowwwwww train. Otherwise i think of how far i can get in 20 hours. You have to REALLY enjoy what you do buddy. Glad it was a pay day.... im betting they all arent.

Dew

ill try not to complain about the 60-90mins I usually have to drive. 20hrs...jeez thats hardcore.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I love my hunting....... but 20 hours? Surely that's one slowwwwww train. Otherwise i think of how far i can get in 20 hours. You have to REALLY enjoy what you do buddy. Glad it was a pay day.... im betting they all arent.

Dew

After hotels and expenses I broke even. I live smack dab in the middle of Asia. In the mountains.
Nothing worse than a 20 hour trip and seeing thick sloppy sand or 5 dorks trying to push me off the beach.

ill try not to complain about the 60-90mins I usually have to drive. 20hrs...jeez thats hardcore.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Train isn't that bad. Listen to a little Stern, watch a couple of movies on the cell, couple coffees, sleep for a while. The sleeper buses are worse. I'm 6ft2 260lbs trying to sleep in a little cubby designed for someone 1/2 my size. Get off the bus in the morning stiff and sore in unimaginable places... gets harder and harder every year now

Finally got to hit the beach. Went to 1 I've had moderate success with. It's an 18 hour train ride and 2 hour bus ride from my home :(
My usual spots get hammered daily by a pack of roving ctx' s (not far apart).. which is fine when it's a big beach. Not so fine when it's a small roped off section the size of a basketball court.

The beach had a very heavy sloppy sand. Wetsand the holes were filling in almost instantly and targets were giving off signals that were almost impossible to get out of the hole.
Found 2 small gold. 1 was a tiny 24k ball. The other an 18k rose/white gold.
The targets I was digging and the type/size of gold I found leads me to think this beach is also being hammered

Nice score!!!

Train isn't that bad. Listen to a little Stern, watch a couple of movies on the cell, couple coffees, sleep for a while. The sleeper buses are worse. I'm 6ft2 260lbs trying to sleep in a little cubby designed for someone 1/2 my size. Get off the bus in the morning stiff and sore in unimaginable places... gets harder and harder every year now

Some fine Yellow Steve! That's one crazy ride to treasure hunt!

I commend your commitment to the hobby. I’m extremely fortunate that I can get off work and drive three blocks to one of my spots. Congrats on the gold.

Joe......... thats like you coming to my house to hunt. Its about 19 hours. Oh...... and you are 6'2"... 260lbs...... if you looked at me wrong id grab my detector and get out of your way.:lol: You have my respect for the travel time for sure. I put the hoody over my head as i say....... i only live 4 min. from a beach.

Joe......... thats like you coming to my house to hunt. Its about 19 hours. Oh...... and you are 6'2"... 260lbs...... if you looked at me wrong id grab my detector and get out of your way.:lol: You have my respect for the travel time for sure. I put the hoody over my head as i say....... i only live 4 min. from a beach.
The train isn't that bad. Can manage to relax. The long distance buses are a different story. Most people would do it once and never again.

Back
Top Bottom