First signal was a good one

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Sunday I braved the wind and snow, went back to my 1900 permission for a couple of hours,I got two wheaties to show for it. Didn't get skunked but was hoping for some more silver since my last two trips there netted two each time. I decided to stop back this afternoon for a short hunt. First signal, down on my hand and knees, stretching the Etrac under some low hanging pine branches I got a high pitch signal, couldn't see the numbers but felt certain it was silver. Lifted the branch, back and forth and side to side it was a solid 13-47. I had to crawl under to dig, about four inches down I turned over a 1945 GW. Thought great start, after that just two wheaties, and two memorials and some trash would round out the hunt. So in all this yard has yielded 5 silvers, thirteen wheaties, a couple bucks in clad. Other than a 1910 foreign coin nothing really old. The GW makes # 38 FTY. I hope to hit 50 before the end of the year. Thank you and HH to all. Mark.

Attachments

• 20171120_164549.jpg
    20171120_164549.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 20171120_164614.jpg
    20171120_164614.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 269
A good way to start off a hunt.. Congrats on the silver and wheats

Sheesh! That was a good yard Mark! Nice finds you pulled out of there! Got another few lined up to finish the Season and get your 50?? I'm scouting like mad on the Satellite...

Congrats Mark! Tell the truth now, you were hoping not to have a sweet signal when you stuck your coil under that tree where you had to crawl under to dig! :laughing::laughing: Happens to me in the woods, I have my coil flattened out 3 feet under the brush thinking "how will I get under there to dig". :laughing:
Nice find buddy!

Back
Top Bottom