Silver coins per hunt

Zero yards per year and over 200 silver coin average.

You've said this before and I found it surprising. I had assumed you searched many private yards. Just goes to show that there definitely is silver in public places. I do the best in old curbstrips. My yard permissions are very hit and miss. Some have been great, others... a waste of time. I'll take an old curbstrip over most yards. No permissions needed. Just need to approach them with common sense.

You, Jamflicker, are a legend. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience and finds.

I'm like 1 for 900 in my door knocking career... Location, location, location... it doesn't have to be a residential house, although alot are still untouched.. I hit alot of hunted out parks, or older places where people once gathered. I would do them low and slow in quadrants and go back to the same park till I covered it all. also as stated previously, I too listen for tones rather screen staring at VDI numbers. soil conditions, depth, running your sensitivity a bit hot will often throw numbers off. don't let the depth indicator fool you either, I have dug old silver at 2" and at 12"...

Back
Top Bottom