• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I have no need for a buddy

RockyNH72

am I the only man that does not need a hunting buddy?
I do not need or want a hunting buddy or do I want to join a club!

How about you wanting to join us here on the friendly forum? This is just another form of having hunting buddies without the physical contact. Anyway welcome to our world of metal detecting and enjoy.:jester:

Well thats pleasant :laughing: some people enjoy hunting with others sometimes though. Myself included. Is there an overwhelming amount of people wanting to be your buddy or something? Surely, something must have brought this outburst on :?:

Attachments

• iam-serious-and-dont-call-me-shirley-31366962.jpg
    iam-serious-and-dont-call-me-shirley-31366962.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,202
Wow. You should try hunting with like minded people. A lot more fun

How about you wanting to join us here on the friendly forum? This is just another form of having hunting buddies without the physical contact. ...

Bingo. Today's internet hobbyist forums have simply taken the place of yesteryear brick & mortar clubs. No one gets off their duff 1x p/month to drive to a meeting anymore. You can research gadgets & tech, do show & tell, bounce ideas around to others, etc.... All from the comfort of your lounge chair at home now.

So if you see people 'dissing clubs on an md'ing forum, they don't realize they have merely moved from one form of "club" to another. Both perform the same social outlet cross-educating function.

As for hunting buddies in md'ing, I think it would be boring not to have someone to "pace" with. For example, that would be like snow-skiiing all alone. When you finally achieve the triple back flip, you HOPE your buddies were there to see it, capture it on film, etc.... So too is md'ing: A bit of the fun is to pace yourself (via relishing finds, etc...) with each other.

Whatever you want. You can hunt alone or with buddies.

I personally am through with hunting buddies. A lot off sh!t with jalouzy, hunting behind your back, meanwhile bringen strangers with them.
I have met a lot of egoism with buddies bringing a lot of bulls***, so for me no more.

The only thing what i sometimes miss is the security behind being with two. Not always but on remote places.
And I don't strive to become a recluse.:laughing: Enough friends, just not to go searching together.

My only "hunt buddy" is my girlfriend Sue. We hunt together on the weekend and enjoy the hunt and the meal we have after the hunt at a restaurant in the hunt area. On Saturday I hunt alone for a couple of hours before going to work.
Before I introduced Sue to metal detecting in 2011 I hunted alone for 27 years and it was fine. To each their own...….As for clubs, I have no intention of joining one. The nearest is 55 miles away which is strike one. I belong to a coin club that has a half dozen or so guys who collect coins AND detect. All they do at the meeting is try to out brag (AKA out BS) each other and I stay far away from every one of them. That's strike two and three...……….The forum is my "club"......

.... I personally am through with hunting buddies. A lot off sh!t with jalouzy, hunting behind your back, meanwhile bringen strangers with them.

If you ask me, that's not a reflection of "whether or not it's a good idea to have hunting buddies". Instead, that's a reflection of "Gee, I guess I need to be more careful in picking who I invite".

I too have had a few bad experiences when looping other md'rs in. But I don't conclude from that : "Therefore, I'll never hunt with others". :roll: Instead it just reminds me to be careful. Because in the end, the benefits far-outweigh any possible bad apples.

I've gained FAR MORE good hunting spots when I share mine with others. Ie.: they tend to reciprocate. I've seen several gold coins found, by others, at site that I showed them. That *technically* could have been mine, if I'd been a loan ranger type. However, I've also FOUND several gold coins at sites that OTHERS have shown me, in the tit-for-tat arrangement.

Seems like Mr. Rocky who started this thread is holding to his believes and is not going to join us with his take on our thoughts.

Seems like Mr. Rocky who started this thread is holding to his believes and is not going to join us with his take on our thoughts.

Yup, looks that way. Thus : Why he had to alert everyone that he dislikes other's company, inputs, friendships, etc... is a mystery.

Back
Top Bottom