26.78g of 96% pure gold!

sandgroper

Elite Member
I've just come back from a two week long holiday (mostly detecting), so here are all my goods finds.

The first few days were spent with the family in a small seaside town called 'Kalbarri', where I did a little of bit clad hunting in the local parks and playgrounds, and also found four old coins (two of which silver) on an old demo-house site. Other finds included a silver ring and pendant, and also about $64 in change.

The next week was spent gold prospecting in the Western Australian goldfields. All up, I found 26.78g in nuggets (83 nuggets) with the GP Extreme and the GPX 7000. I didn't find as much as last year (36.2g), but it's good to find what you've missed last time. As usual, dad found more gold weight than me, but he found less nuggets than I did. (His biggest was 4.8g, mine was 0.96g.)

I also tried my luck for some old coins by the nearby homestead (built in 1896), but didn't find any this time. But I noticed that the combined audio option on the CTX makes it really easy to look out for those high tone targets in trashy spots (the amount of nails and wire on this site is mind-blowing!)

On the way home, I also hit some more parks and playgrounds, and found another $50 in coins, as well as a silver anklet. I also found two of your US pennies (both on the same day actually!). One is a 1960 and the other a 2006D. They didn't sound the same so I'm guessing they have different metal compositions, but I like finding 'foreign' coins. You guys may hate finding those pennies, but I don't :).

Overall, it was a very successful trip for me with over $113 in coins, 26.78g of gold, a few silver items and some old coins.

Attachments

• natures window.jpg
    natures window.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 925.jpg
    925.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,658
  • tails.jpg
    tails.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,654
  • heads.jpg
    heads.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,694
  • us.jpg
    us.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,640
  • goldfields.jpg
    goldfields.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,622
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,600
  • all finds.jpg
    all finds.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,622
Nice chunky gold there, bet that was fun! Our US pennies up until 1982 or 83 were more copper, now they're lousy zinc, there's the different tones. Congrats on all the goodies, you really cleaned up! :yes:

I've just come back from a two week long holiday (mostly detecting), so here are all my goods finds.

The first few days were spent with the family in a small seaside town called 'Kalbarri', where I did a little of bit clad hunting in the local parks and playgrounds, and also found four old coins (two of which silver) on an old demo-house site. Other finds included a silver ring and pendant, and also about $64 in change.

The next week was spent gold prospecting in the Western Australian goldfields. All up, I found 26.78g in nuggets (83 nuggets) with the GP Extreme and the GPX 7000. I didn't find as much as last year (36.2g), but it's good to find what you've missed last time. As usual, dad found more gold weight than me, but he found less nuggets than I did. (His biggest was 4.8g, mine was 0.96g.)

I also tried my luck for some old coins by the nearby homestead (built in 1896), but didn't find any this time. But I noticed that the combined audio option on the CTX makes it really easy to look out for those high tone targets in trashy spots (the amount of nails and wire on this site is mind-blowing!)

On the way home, I also hit some more parks and playgrounds, and found another $50 in coins, as well as a silver anklet. I also found two of your US pennies (both on the same day actually!). One is a 1960 and the other a 2006D. They didn't sound the same so I'm guessing they have different metal compositions, but I like finding 'foreign' coins. You guys may hate finding those pennies, but I don't :).

Overall, it was a very successful trip for me with over $113 in coins, 26.78g of gold, a few silver items and some old coins.

The US copper pennies were until 1982 and are worth around 2 cents US now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice chunky gold there, bet that was fun! Our US pennies up until 1982 or 83 were more copper, now they're lousy zinc, there's the different tones. Congrats on all the goodies, you really cleaned up! :yes:

Thanks BBs!

Outstanding !!

Thank you! :)

The US copper pennies were until 1982 and are worth around 2 cents US now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! :)

those lousy zinc pennies sound lousy.
The copper ones sound solid.
Congrats on the gold nuggets!

Thank you! The 1960 definitely sounded much better than the 2006.

Welcome back, X-Terra! Great finds - congrats on the gold. :waytogo:

Thanks Princess! :grin:

OH Man! Now there you are Living the Dream! Very great work on a multitude of skills within this Sport! So your Father detects as well? I bet he has some stories!

Well, we sure appreciate your hunts and pics of places we will never get a chance to see in person! Nice work all around there XT!

OH Man! Now there you are Living the Dream! Very great work on a multitude of skills within this Sport! So your Father detects as well? I bet he has some stories!

Well, we sure appreciate your hunts and pics of places we will never get a chance to see in person! Nice work all around there XT!

Thanks Mud! :grin: Yes, my father detects as well. He actually introduced me to the hobby when I was five, and for my ninth birthday I got given my own detector. He has quite a few stories, from back when he first came to Australia to give gold prospecting a try, to a few years back when he revisited older grounds. :)

Looks like you had blast. I would love to give propecting a go sometime. I love the few gold rings I've found but nuggets are just awesome.

Back
Top Bottom