• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Coin of the Year Is...

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
... A 1989 Quarter. :) Not silver or anything, just a good step in the right direction. :D

So what is your first coin in 2018? :?:

A 1941 Wheatie, shortly after I found a good luck horseshoe token which I beat back in to shape, mounted the penny in it and is now my avatar for the year. HH Mark

Thanks for the Replies...

Hmmm, I don't remember. My clad count is already over 2000, and I haven't hunted since 2-22.
Wow, that's more than I found all of last year! :lol:

I'm not sure what my first coin was this year but I can almost guarantee you it was a stinking zincoln!
I’m sure mine was a copper memorial....
It's almost like Pennies are the most common! :lol:

A coin spill of $1 and 500 Indonesian Rupiah, my very first find for the year actually
Congrats on the neat spill. :D

First one for me was a 64 Rosie in frozen ground.
1898 Indian Head.
A 1941 Wheatie, shortly after I found a good luck horseshoe token which I beat back in to shape, mounted the penny in it and is now my avatar for the year. HH Mark
:wow2: Cool finds. :grin:

My first hunt of the year I found a dime and seven memorial cents.
I'd say that is a good first hunt. :yes:

Any find is a good find.
That's how I look at it! :D

I think mine was a clad penny. So far this year, I am up over 42 dollars in clad, 12 Wheaties, 1 silver dime, 1 24" silver necklace/chain, 3 rings-2 are sliver-1 is gold plated junk.

I'm sure mine had to have been a memorial penny.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Replies...

I think mine was a clad penny. So far this year, I am up over 42 dollars in clad, 12 Wheaties, 1 silver dime, 1 24" silver necklace/chain, 3 rings-2 are sliver-1 is gold plated junk.
Wow, you've already found a lot goodies this year! :hi5:

That was over $100 ago so I don't remember. I have had a good year in clad so far.
I'd say that is a good year! :grin:

I'm sure mine had to have been a memorial penny.
They seem to be really common for some reason... :lol:

Wow, folks up north musta had a lot of pocket change to lose, lol. Here down south they were too poor to lose change cause they didn't have any, lol!!! I'm new to md but I've worked my poor arthritic hands and knees as hard as they can stand and all I've come up with in two months is clad! Worked a 120 year old school today and best I could do was 1 wheat penny!! Rest was modern coins. Love the hunt though!

Wow, folks up north musta had a lot of pocket change to lose, lol. Here down south they were too poor to lose change cause they didn't have any, lol!!! I'm new to md but I've worked my poor arthritic hands and knees as hard as they can stand and all I've come up with in two months is clad! Worked a 120 year old school today and best I could do was 1 wheat penny!! Rest was modern coins. Love the hunt though!

Welcome to the hobby and to this forum. :hi5:
I know what you mean. No silver or gold for me either just 1 Wheat Penny. Maybe someday we'll find some! :mder:

Back
Top Bottom