Late intro / sell me on a NOX, please?

Walrus350

Elite Member
I've been a forum member for a couple months but haven't posted the obligatory intro so here it goes....

Hello all, from San Diego, CA!

I started in October 2017 with a new Bounty Hunter Quicksilver bought for $60.
1st target ever was a rusty nail. 2nd target was a quarter and that's when I was HOOKED!

I quickly swapped the Quicksilver for an ACE 350 and was happy with it, until I tried to hunt wet beach sand and discovered that was near impossible.
That's when I added the Sand Shark to my tool box.
The 1st 2 months of owning a Sand Shark were love/hate. Little did I know I had received a dud, new out of the box. Fixed it with the lifetime warranty, I basically have a new machine and found 2 rings since.

So the Mrs. gave me a green light on a NOX 800 (as long as she gets a new cell phone :roll:). But I'm not sure if I want to jump right in. And I have NO IDEA WHY?
A couple weeks ago I had NOX on the brain but after the "buzz" wore off, I'm not so eager.

So, sell me on a NOX....please?:?:

It would be a great machine for you it sounds like. Like stated, it will be a difficult time finding one at the moment. If you can wait a few weeks/months I am sure you would not regret getting one.

Welcome from PA! But listening to all the testimonies from those that have the machine, I ordered one last week, if all goes well, I should be receiving it next week via drop-shipment.

Last edited:
Beannachtam na Feile Padraig .....................

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Welcome to the forum from sunny Western NY :welcome2:

I am 3 weeks into owning my nox stepping up from a fisher f2....difference is nite and day....if you can get your hands on one do it, it has changed my hunting for the better with accurate target acquisition and ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still on the fence on a NOX 800. I like the weight, quick response and the possibility of finding small gold BUT so far i have not seen much on depth on the wet salt water beaches. I swing a Xcal and it does occasionally reward me with something nice So I just keep reading to see what others are finding with it

I bought a Nox 800 and will have it as soon as I get back from Mexico. I don't believe half the stories. I bought it because it is lighter than my E-trac and that is the only reason.

I will play with it in the water right next to a CZ-21 and will make my own conclusions. If it finds chains like advertised I will be surprised. I am skeptical of most the posts about it.

Welcome from Utah!
I am interested in the nox 800, but am still torn between it and an etrac.
Can't wait to see how everyone "sells" you on a nox - might help me as well.

Hype is exactly what it sounds like, HYPE lol every new machine gets some and then it dies down when something new comes again :laughing: its a great machine from what im seeing, not something I absolutely need though, but ill wait awhile and find a used one for sale to compliment the machines i already own, not replace. I also can't stand being put on a back order list :lol: good luck with your decision and happy hunting!

I am on a waiting list myself. I don't think it's the end all be all of detectors, but there are several reason why I went ahead and ordered one. First- for the money I think it gives a lot of ability to customize it to different types of hunting- one of which is md in heavy nails. Something my current machine is not known for. Second- It's waterproof and that's always a plus- even if it just means you don't have to worry about getting stuck in a rain storm. Third- lighter weight than my primary machine. You may have different reasons, there might be another machine that fits your price range and meets your requirements better. There lots of videos, some worthwhile- some not, most are informative. There is some hype, but for me it fit exactly what I was looking for - I hunt 98% dirt 2% beach. And there are tons of people here who know a lot more about the Nox than me. HH

Nix on da Nox issue.
I started with a Bounty Hunter Outback, and for a entry level machine, it served its purpose.
Slightly more than four years ago I popped for a AT Pro and that's been my machine of choice ever since.
If money was no problem, and status wasn't important, I'd pop another $800.00+ for a Equinox 800 rather than the $522.00 the AT Pro goes for now.
But, metal detecting is a hobby rather than a competition, and my AT Pro paid for itself during the first year, and just keeps on producing.
Maybe some day I'll loosen the purse strings and replace my AT Pro with a testosterone pumper, but I'm thinking that day will be long time coming.

AT Pro/GPP-AT/$9.98 ebay Digger

Back
Top Bottom