Deputy Sheriff Belt Buckle

Scooterjim

Elite Member
Beautiful spring day in the Ozarks today, but the only hunting I had time for was a little piddlin around in the backyard. I'm surprised my coil had never been above this. From 6 inches down it made the ATPro scream a solid 90 no matter how you looked at it.I thought at first it was a toy but it's very thick and heavy. I did find the same thing on flea bay, they are calling it a vintage 70's buckle. There hasn't been a cop in my backyard for the 15 years I have lived here, but I have heard the neighbors tell horror stories about the drug dealers who used to live here.
P1090376.jpg
P1090379.jpg

looks nice all cleaned up! Deputy Sheriff made in Taiwan, gotta love it

The made in Taiwan is what made me think it was a toy, that and the tarnish was so even it looked like it was painted olive drab camo.
I thought about leaving the patina on there,I love the look of old copper, but I just don't like the look of tarnished brass.
This is going to be displayed somewhere, mounted on something, somehow, once I figure out where to put it. I'm thinking over the chicken coop door, on the bbq or maybe the dog house.

The made in Taiwan is what made me think it was a toy, that and the tarnish was so even it looked like it was painted olive drab camo.
I thought about leaving the patina on there,I love the look of old copper, but I just don't like the look of tarnished brass.
This is going to be displayed somewhere, mounted on something, somehow, once I figure out where to put it. I'm thinking over the chicken coop door, on the bbq or maybe the dog house.

I vote Dog House.. he/she is the Deputy Sheriff of the back yard woof

Now you can change your name to Barney Fife and carry one round in your pocket.:laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_20180323_220137.jpg
    IMG_20180323_220137.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 182
Back
Top Bottom