• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone get soreness in their elbow from swinging?

Very good advice - thanks so much for the response!! I will be picking one up!

You're welcome. I thought I was cursed with it forever. Like an idiot I didn't go to the doctor right away. I thought, "what can they do", "it'll be xrays, cat scans all that BS". She knew within minutes what it was and gave me the fix. Do follow the whole regimen. Man I cant tell ya how well it worked.
As I said, now, I never feel it, it's gone. I can go out and cast a 10 weight fly rod for 10 hours and when I detect, I swing a CTX (heavy) detector for 6 - 8 hours with no problem. Just gotta help those tendons out a little.
The strap I bought has a pronounced "bump" in one spot on the inside. That "bump" goes right on the sore tendon just below your elbow. It basically gives you forearm muscle a new anchor point to pull against and gives the tendons time to heal. Best of luck. Oh, the strap is made of neoprene, with Velcro.

This winter I bought a Detector Pro harness. Its small, doesn't get in the way and inexpensive. About 25.00 bucks. A lot of my areas are frozen still but I my get out soon in some woods where the decomposition material helps keep the ground from freezing. it'll be the first time I hunt with it so we'll see. So far in the house the harness seems OK. good luck Bud.

Last year I started to develop soreness in my swinging elbow. I move pretty fast to cover a lot of ground in fields, lifting the coil many times to get over crop stubble. The soreness stays days after detecting. I know swinging with weight is not something your body was naturally intended to do. I feel like it might be like a tennis elbow thing starting. Anyone else ever experience this? Any remedies/solutions or tips? There’s no strap on the arm cuff of my T2 maybe thats applying non-typical strain. Thanks for any help.

The soreness isn't from the swinging. It is from gripping the detector. What you have is "tennis elbow"

You're welcome. I thought I was cursed with it forever. Like an idiot I didn't go to the doctor right away. I thought, "what can they do", "it'll be xrays, cat scans all that BS". She knew within minutes what it was and gave me the fix. Do follow the whole regimen. Man I cant tell ya how well it worked.
As I said, now, I never feel it, it's gone. I can go out and cast a 10 weight fly rod for 10 hours and when I detect, I swing a CTX (heavy) detector for 6 - 8 hours with no problem. Just gotta help those tendons out a little.
The strap I bought has a pronounced "bump" in one spot on the inside. That "bump" goes right on the sore tendon just below your elbow. It basically gives you forearm muscle a new anchor point to pull against and gives the tendons time to heal. Best of luck. Oh, the strap is made of neoprene, with Velcro.

Is this what you use? I need to buy these things in bulk :laughing:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ACE-Tenn...75035&wl11=online&wl12=19898461&wl13=&veh=sem

Your T2 is very light. You should get used to it in a month . I started with a heavier Ace 250.

Actually, it stems from detecting 8 hours in a row during field hunts. I havea few field I hunt after a good solid day it lingers for a week. Doesn't hurt after park hunts over grass or beach hunts. Just when I have to lift my coil a lot over stubble. That's probably the biggest issue.

Awesome. Thanks again. I fish also so good luck this season!

I just got this one off of Amazon. I'll be trying it out tomorrow.
I'm in the middle as far as age goes at 41 and swinging an AT Max for multiple hours at a time gives me sore elbow for a good day afterwards. Old injuries contribute to that I am sure.
Not sure if I like this one yet as the ring attaches to the machine with a velcro strap that to me appears it could come off while swinging.
I will know how well it works or doesn't this weekend.
c828cf898a80b55fd2eeb2cc0dc8ea00.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I battles tennis elbow all of last season, took months before it finally went away completely. Just happened out of no where too.....it made even lifted simple things like a bottle of Pepsi hard.....learned to swing left handed....now when I hunt I switch back forth after half hour or so.....

Actually, it stems from detecting 8 hours in a row during field hunts. I havea few field I hunt after a good solid day it lingers for a week. Doesn't hurt after park hunts over grass or beach hunts. Just when I have to lift my coil a lot over stubble. That's probably the biggest issue.

8Hours!:shock: no wonder your arm hurts!

8Hours!:shock: no wonder your arm hurts!

Yep, and move fast to cover ground. T2 has that fast response to you can really put on the barn burners. I may have overdone it last season, as I did this type of hunt about 10 times. But found some great oldies doing so. But finding awesome barber coins one year versus screwing up finding them for life and dealing with constant elbow pain - not worth it! I need to take a step back and really figure out what I am doing wrong. Hence the topic. You guys have all contributed greatly and I think many with the same issue appreciate all the posts. This is a great community and this is very helpful. Obvious a lot of us have had to battle this issue, based on reading comments.

Back
Top Bottom