Colonoscopy Explained

Anyone can have a run of the mill tapeworm but not everyone can have Bot Fly maggots living under their skin squirming around :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...liday-Gambia-bot-fly-maggots-living-skin.html

Rice anyone?

I recall seeing a show last year where a guy had a whole bunch of those living under his skin. The locals ended up showing him how to get rid of them. It looked like it would pretty much suck big time to have them growing under your skin. :shock:

Rudy - that's the pretties tapeworm I've ever seen! :lol:

Had my first colonoscpy last summer.
They found some polyps in me and had them removed and sent to a lab.
Report came back non-cancerious, but they say I have to come back in 2 years.
The prep was 4 liters of crap I had to drink, 8 oz. ever 10 minutes until the jug was empty.
Omg that made me sick to my stomach.:mad:
I was going at both ends for a couple of hours. Much sicker than ive ever been from food poisoning.
Repeat in 2 yrs????????

Jury is still out on this one!

Best post I've read on this site, next to that Epic War story style hunt from the other day.
waytogo.gif

purged

My new doc in Fla. asks me, "So when was your last colonoscopy?"
"About 5 years ago, why do you ask? "Well I think it's about time for another"
I came up clean last time nada, nothing" "At your age it should be done at the very least every 5 years" "Ya". "So I will schedule a time for you." "Is the proctologist going through financial difficulty?" mutual laughter:lol:, "Ok, see you in six months and we will talk about it"........:roll:..Gil

I have experienced the prep a few times. Previous Description is not adequate to describe the actual happenings.

On two occasions due to having a problem swallowing the MD did both ends

Three years ago i had the procedure and MD said two small polyps and nothing to worry about. A week later his office calls and said one of the polyps was Cancerous. MD wants you back in two years.

Did the test again two years later and got the ALL CLEAR.

That procedure just may be the reason that i am still alive today.

Every one should have it done when Md recommends. It could save your life.

On two occasions due to having a problem swallowing the MD did both ends.

I trust they used a different scope, or at least started at the top, then the bottom.;):D

George is right, though. It ain't any fun, having to do the prep, but it could very well save your life, or at least buy you a few more years of annoying everybody else.
Mine was done at 55, I'm 61 now, and I was told, being as I was a perfect a$$, I didn't have to come back until I hit 65.

Roger

The upper end was done with an item to expand the esophagus. Had it done twice and did not get any relief. Finally had to have surgery to repair a huge diverticula in my throat

Did not need any expansion on the other end.

Because of my Crohn's and all the resulting damage it caused two and a half years ago, my entire colon was removed, to save my life. They watch me like a hawk now so I have colonoscopies often and through my stoma without any sedation whatsoever (there's no nerves in the inside) so you don't feel much of anything and it's quite interesting seeing your insides on the monitor in living color. Barely any nasty prep like the traditional way either. I have all the pictures like someone posted earlier but I'll have mercy on y'all and not post 'em.

Back
Top Bottom