• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New to metal detecting. Is my detector malfunctioning?

The Tracker IV is an old time favorite of mine! It has 3 modes-a/m, normal discriminate, and tone discrimination. By setting it on tone and rotating the dial from off position until a nickel gives a solid low tone, you will have a fairly accurate form of notch discrimination! Nickels/large foil will give a low tone, old style tabs and aluminum will give a broken hi/lo tone, and clad a high tone! And setting the sensitivity at 3/4 will give some great depth in normal ground. My FIFTH one was stolen and on some sites I really miss it!:cool:
AND it is a product of a great mind- George Payne- a pioneer in technology!

Just ordered it on amazon, i'm excited :D.

Also, the air test wasn't accurate it seems. I buried something 7 inches down and it was able to pick it up.. idk lol

I've never owned a Tracker iv but a friend at work wanted to start out simple and cheap so I recommended it based on years of reading posts on it. He wasn't sure about it so we went to a local park to hunt together. I was very impressed with it. We traded machines for a whill and I enjoyed using it tremendously. I found a three coin spill within a couple of minutes. Learn it and it will serve you well. Save all your clad in a coffee can and fund your next upgrade.

HH,
Henry

I sincerely apologize if you took my response as unfriendly. Probably just my Aspergers kicking in and being direct. I have a tendency to see only the black and white. Again, I apologize.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I like direct. no misunderstanding. no wishy-washy maybes...etc. just as long as tact is used that's ok with me. :-) to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom