Only in the philippines

:laughing::laughing: ...We have the house on the market, with a showing this afternoon...fingers crossed! If it sells, The Wife and I plan on going on a MegaTransect..She would like to go hunt for gems and rocks in various places like those Ruby quarries in the Carolinas, that one diamond mine in AR...fossils, maybe some gold hunting in the Black Hills or Idaho, Tourmalines and Turquoise, etc...

Of course, I'd be Detecting all over the place! First stop will be at my Brothers who has a house adjoining Gettysburg! Maybe finally show up at some sanctioned Hunts even! It might just work out where I get to meet you Friends in actual Person! Yeah!...That would make for some fun postings to get us through the Summer! "Adventure awaits a fellow once he gets out of the house!" :laughing:

Maybe you could get a network to do a weekly series on the adventures of a traveling detectorist "Mud across America" or "Mud-ventures USA" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good post Garry , if he has any other super powers like x-ray vision would come in handy over there . Just think about he time he could save looking for treasure. He could just fly over a beach first checking it out . :laughing:

with powers like that he wouldn't even need a detector :lol:

Sounds like Mud has a definite plan, sounds like fun.

I guess the wife and all their luggage are on the plane, ken said she tried to pack every thing but the kitchen sink, at least he won't have cramped legs from setting to long.:laughing::laughing:

Since Ken would get home first his wife might tell him to have supper ready for when she gets home :lol:

Mud should save some of these gems to put in side his book when he write it.:laughing::laughing:

If not a book, then maybe a quarterly magazine, a satire magazine like "MAD" magazine, he could call it "MUD" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing: ...We have the house on the market, with a showing this afternoon...fingers crossed!
If it sells, The Wife and I plan on going on a MegaTransect..She would like to go hunt for gems and rocks in various places like those Ruby quarries in the Carolinas, that one diamond mine in AR...fossils, maybe some gold hunting in the Black Hills or Idaho, Tourmalines and Turquoise, etc...

Of course, I'd be Detecting all over the place! First stop will be at my Brothers who has a house adjoining Gettysburg! Maybe finally show up at some sanctioned Hunts even! It might just work out where I get to meet you Friends in actual Person! Yeah!...That would make for some fun postings to get us through the Summer! "Adventure awaits a fellow once he gets out of the house!" :laughing:

:hmmm: How might the RV adventures of Mud start ? ....maybe like this ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
mud_adventures_2.jpg

Off to a good start

:hmmm: How might the RV adventures of Mud start ? ....maybe like this ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 409010

After Mud sells his house and takes off in a RV with a boat in tow maybe be he will start a thread on here of his travels and adventures . He could call it Where is Mud-puppy now, post pictures and give clues and let people guess. He might even post a map with little flags with his stops.:laughing: The possibilities are endless if he lets members know in advance were he is headed maybe meet up with forum members for a little hunt in their area.

After Mud sells his house and takes off in a RV with a boat in tow maybe be he will start a thread on here of his travels and adventures . He could call it Where is Mud-puppy now, post pictures and give clues and let people guess. He might even post a map with little flags with his stops.:laughing: The possibilities are endless if he lets members know in advance were he is headed maybe meet up with forum members for a little hunt in their area.

If he starts such a thread, he knows to expect some funny photo edits :lol:

I expected some thing much bigger may be a World War II PT boat with machine guns , torpedo tubes , fishing chair .:pirate2::pirates::pirate::tropical::beer:

I picked that small unusual looking boat for a funny effect :laughing:

(but I might later at some point consider trying other unusual combinations of other funny looking RVs and boats :lol:)

I read on the net that Jollybe bought into a big hamburger company in the states called Smash
Burger on the west coast.
I don't know about my airline service.
I have flown small planes before, but not one quit that big. I have done aa lot of skydiving in my younger years. I had over 500 free fall jumps with only 2 malfunctions. That is what they have a reserve shoot for..

KEN :D

:hmmm: .....wonder how long it's been since Ken flew a plane ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Ken_Winnsboro_tree_plane.jpg
(this plane has been there for years, I'm thinking the owner did it as a joke)

Actually, if you can build a boat, you can build a Plane, if you can build a Plane, you can build a birdhouse, if you can build a boat, you can build a bookcase!...transferable skills apply...You see the WW2 B-17's? Wood and canvas just like a dmaned Adirondack canoe!

Pt Boats were plywood and 'glass...quick and dirty..About any old Eddie Punchclock or Susie Housecoat can build a boat or a Plane! During the war, they did! By the thousands! I do appreciate the hulls though, and built my own PT version, which was one fast and honest hull!...Took me all of a weekend, but what the hell? The yard was full of birdhouses, and we didnt need a B-17 or another bookcase! A guy cant have enough boats..

I'd like to build a 24' model replica of a WW2 aircraft carrier like the Hornet or the Wasp..electric powered, and launch scale model planes off the deck...like a mini Midway kind of dealie...That would be something....I could easily build an airplane even...

My Crazy Uncle Jack boatbuilder guy once did! No big deal at all!...He took some left over boat/birdhouse/bookcase scrap and an aluminum block Peugeot engine, the garage door cables, stuck a propeller on the front instead of the rear....Flew it on over to Wis across Lake Michigan to the EAA one year just for giggles! Had his Boyscout compass for the navigation system, a case of beer, and a walkie talkie!...I was only 8yrs old, but I remember these pertinant details, on account of my Cousin complained about lifting that damn heavy garage door after Church, his bicycle tires were missing...Plus, his Moms car wouldnt start and She had to walk to work for a while, and the wooden framed laundry rack and curtains had mysteriously vanished?!...

I bet I could build a damned working rocket ship If I wanted to! Elon Musk went from building electric golf carts into rockets overnight! It aint that hard! Buts whats the point? Unless theres solid gold asteroids easy to catch floating around out there? I dont like leaving this Planet and drinking my own peepee, I've tried both a time or two, and dont recommend either....Of course, with some big Govt funding? Yeah...I'll drink my own peepee out in my shop, build a dmaned rocket ship and let somebody else be the Major Tom hero!! .:laughing:

Problem is, we have Levelor blinds instead of curtains around here..once I get this critical material sourced, cash the Govt check, I'm all over it...I think the Wifes little Toyota engine would do well as a primary stage booster? Heck, She can use the exercise!:laughing:

Attachments

• river boat1.jpg
    river boat1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Actually, if you can build a boat, you can build a Plane, if you can build a Plane, you can build a.......
rocket ship If I wanted to! Elon Musk went from building electric golf carts into rockets overnight! It aint that hard! Buts whats the point?
Unless theres solid gold asteroids easy to catch floating around out there? ...I think the Wifes little Toyota engine would do well as a primary stage booster? Heck, She can use the exercise!:laughing:

:hmmm: .....Mud in space, what might it look like ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Mud_spacewalk2.jpg

Mad Magazine

I used to read "MAD" magazine when I was a kid, but I don't remember ever seeing THIS issue :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 408870
(hey, maybe Ken can find this issue for reading on the way back home ! :lol:)
You could make your Mad magazine a regular thing on here , as well as other treasure magazines some peoples pictures or post should be on one. May be even a Coinstar finders magazine. May be wanted posters for people who leave their plugs unfilled.:laughing:

Last edited:
Mud's boat

Actually, if you can build a boat, you can build a Plane, if you can build a Plane, you can build a birdhouse, if you can build a boat, you can build a bookcase!...transferable skills apply...You see the WW2 B-17's? Wood and canvas just like a dmaned Adirondack canoe!

Pt Boats were plywood and 'glass...quick and dirty..About any old Eddie Punchclock or Susie Housecoat can build a boat or a Plane! During the war, they did! By the thousands! I do appreciate the hulls though, and built my own PT version, which was one fast and honest hull!...Took me all of a weekend, but what the hell? The yard was full of birdhouses, and we didnt need a B-17 or another bookcase! A guy cant have enough boats..

I'd like to build a 24' model replica of a WW2 aircraft carrier like the Hornet or the Wasp..electric powered, and launch scale model planes off the deck...like a mini Midway kind of dealie...That would be something....I could easily build an airplane even...

My Crazy Uncle Jack boatbuilder guy once did! No big deal at all!...He took some left over boat/birdhouse/bookcase scrap and an aluminum block Peugeot engine, the garage door cables, stuck a propeller on the front instead of the rear....Flew it on over to Wis across Lake Michigan to the EAA one year just for giggles! Had his Boyscout compass for the navigation system, a case of beer, and a walkie talkie!...I was only 8yrs old, but I remember these pertinant details, on account of my Cousin complained about lifting that damn heavy garage door after Church, his bicycle tires were missing...Plus, his Moms car wouldnt start and She had to walk to work for a while, and the wooden framed laundry rack and curtains had mysteriously vanished?!...

I bet I could build a damned working rocket ship If I wanted to! Elon Musk went from building electric golf carts into rockets overnight! It aint that hard! Buts whats the point? Unless theres solid gold asteroids easy to catch floating around out there? I dont like leaving this Planet and drinking my own peepee, I've tried both a time or two, and dont recommend either....Of course, with some big Govt funding? Yeah...I'll drink my own peepee out in my shop, build a dmaned rocket ship and let somebody else be the Major Tom hero!! .:laughing:

Problem is, we have Levelor blinds instead of curtains around here..once I get this critical material sourced, cash the Govt check, I'm all over it...I think the Wifes little Toyota engine would do well as a primary stage booster? Heck, She can use the exercise!:laughing:
That is one nice looking boat there.

You could make your Mad magazine a regular thing on here , as well as other treasure magazines some peoples pictures or post should be on one. May be even a Coinstar finders magazine. May be wanted posters for people who leave their plugs unfilled.:laughing:

Neat ideas ! I'll definitely consider those !

Having a plane stuck in your tree sure would make it easy to give directions to your house. I can almost see Ken flying a old Red Baron type plane with Mud in the back.

another neat edit idea !

Could be the start of a series for you Gary

yep, maybe every so often a MAD magazine type edit !

Might be a side affect of that Paragis Tea he has been brewing and drinking over there to lower his blood pressure . Might have several unexpended good benefits yet to be discovered.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

......look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's "Paragis Man" ! :neo: :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom