Bluetooth setup

Just more Batteries to go dead.

For me it's worth it to trade the hassle of the cord for the minor task of recharging the earbuds and the bluetooth transmitter. The transmitter recharges in under 2 hours, and operates for about 10 hours on a full charge. The earbuds vary - my one set operates for about 6 hours and the other advertises over 12 hours, both with 1.5 hour recharge times. In case I ever need to hunt for over 10 hours straight (:wow:) or have some sort of technical issue (read: have a senior moment and forget to charge the transmitter or earbuds...or both ;)), the corded headsets will be stowed with my gear for use as a backup. But I get it...it's added complication compared to plug in headsets and go, or even just going sans headsets. It's not for everyone - but after just one hunt, I'm already sold. I won't go back to corded unless I don't have a choice.

So I got out today for my first full hunt using my new Bluetooth setup on the Ace 400. I hunted for about 4.5 hours, and I absolutely love it! I never had a single moment of latency during the hunt - the tones for detecting and pinpointing targets were just as dead-on accurate as when wearing corded headphones.

I did end up switching from the Soundbud Curve units that I intentionally bought for this setup, though. Like I said in my earlier post, the sound quality just wasn't very good for the detector tones - tinny and harsh, the sounds just grated on my nerves over time. I kept using them for almost 2 hours hoping to get used to them because of their 12 hour run time, but I finally decided to end the torture. I finished the hunt with the Soundbud NB10 units, and they were a joy.

Back
Top Bottom