E-Trac sniffs out first big silver

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I took off work this week to hike the Ice Age Trail with my buddy Tim.
We planned to do 64 miles, but being old, fat guys we could only muster 29:mad:
Naturally, with two more days off this week, I did some detecting today.
I could not believe what a 12-45 12-46 at 6" really was.
It turned out to be only 4" deep and yes, I gashed the reverse...

It's almost impossible for me to believe these are still wild in the parks:D

Happy Hunting Everybody

Attachments

• 5-27-20 Walker obv.jpg
    5-27-20 Walker obv.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 630
  • 5-27-20 Walker rev.jpg
    5-27-20 Walker rev.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 564
  • 5-27-20 Walker obv clean.jpg
    5-27-20 Walker obv clean.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 567
I think halves are always surprising and usually seem like they hang around in parks longer than other silver coins. Awesome find, congrats!

I think halves are always surprising and usually seem like they hang around in parks longer than other silver coins. Awesome find, congrats!
I think it's my first half from a park...
Great Find!
Thanks
Grats. Nice half.
Thank you
A beauty! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you
Congratulations on your BIG Silver! Great find.
It was quite a surprise, I rally thought quarter
Awesome half! Congratulations.
Thanks

Good show. I never argue with a walker. Esp. if it comes from a worked out park !

Nice find Matt, sorry to say but that is not your first half from a park. You also found one about 10 feet from where I found one off lake park.

Good show. I never argue with a walker. Esp. if it comes from a worked out park !
Yeah, one of the local guys here had hunted it for about 10 years, years ago.
Nice find Matt, sorry to say but that is not your first half from a park. You also found one about 10 feet from where I found one off lake park.
Thanks Scott, now I have to go look through all my silvers.
I think that was a Barber quarter:lol::laughing:

...... and yes, I gashed the reverse...

It's almost impossible for me to believe these are still wild in the parks:D

Happy Hunting Everybody

I am too. Last fall I found a half dollar at a pounded city park AND "gashed" it too.

I'll bet that silver was a sweet sound on the etrac! You will absolutely love that machine for deep coinshooting, and your off to a great start! Congrats man!

Congrats on the walker, still on my list after ten years. Only coin I ever gouged was a 1900 CC Morgan two years ago. It was a bucket lister until than so I had mixed emotions, happy and sad.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Big silver, don't feel bad I put a nasty scratch on my first Barber quarter a 1895 S! It was under a root and was trying to keep the hole small in a very well kept yard. It was in great shape too until I gashed it right across Lady Liberty's cheek.

I have a theory that sometimes when I'm looking for silver that is deeper and I am focusing on softer beeps you can hit a big silver and pass right over it thinking it's shallow clad. I'm focused on beeps that a deeper dime or quarter would make not half dollars that would be louder do to size. Like bam that's just shallow clad.

Back
Top Bottom