The summer season is kicking off here

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
I had a quick hunt prior to the last storm of the season, right now there's a tonne of seaweed in the water but that'll clear soon. I'm really looking forward to a big weekend next week.
Considering I was able to pull 3 bits of gold in 2 hours it's looking promising (2 on camera one off). It was a real effort to stay in one spot, and at times I got washed inshore and couldn't find my way back to where I was digging.

Nothing big, but it's gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
See the junk earring I gave the thumbs down? man that had me really going for a minute, it looked so good!

nice video, so you like the NEMO? I've only used mine twice but I found it very hard to clear out on a target when it's deep in sand, need that shallow sand-hard bottom. congrats on the gold

Way to work the yellow out of those spots! I know gold stands out but that one was small. I'm saying..what is he doing ..then I realized how small it was..:yes:

Way to work the yellow out of those spots! I know gold stands out but that one was small. I'm saying..what is he doing ..then I realized how small it was..:yes:

hah - and then I almost dropped it!!
I've found plenty like that, where it just happens to be in a hole with another target that's bigger. It's why I dig everything.

nice video, so you like the NEMO? I've only used mine twice but I found it very hard to clear out on a target when it's deep in sand, need that shallow sand-hard bottom. congrats on the gold

It took a lot of getting used to, and I'm sure I've missed stuff where a hunter with their head out of the water would have heard it.
But where I go you can't keep your head out of the water, and even scuba is loud with it's bubbles so you just need to get your ears tuned into that tiny blip.

Back
Top Bottom