• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone in mass

deus frank

I'm looking to go off cape. I've been off this forum for 9 years but never stopped detecting. Looking to do a little traveling. I just put a site up for overlay maps to help others who don't know about them. l'll do beach but i'm really interested in old sites. I'm into researching history and might be able to help you with site locations if we work together. I'm retired and don't work. But this is what I do each day is detect. If interested and don't live 500 miles away. Give me a jingle. deus frank

I just began detecting in the Arlington, Lexington area. I do beaches sometimes, but mostly old parks, closed institutions, and wooded areas that may contain Rev. War Relics. I could show you some great spots, if you could teach me a few things. BostonDigger

Wow this is a tough forum to find a hunting buddy on that's for sure. I started back in 82/83 with an old Whites. I think I was the only person in MA hunting back then because the pickings were great. Then I took a lot of years off before getting an AT Pro and even with what's supposed to be a good machine I don't do well. A few musket balls and ox shoes and not much else. I was walking out of the woods during archery season and found this old jug just sticking out of the ground so I'll be going back with the detector. If your still alive and hunting maybe we can hook up. I'm just up the road in Marshfield. Have a nice day although you'll probably never see this post!

I'm from the Swampscott area and always looking for someone new to go detecting with. I normally do beaches in Ri / NH, but that's just because of the restrictions in MA. I want to get out to Revere beach or Nahant beach sometime off-season. See if I can find some lost jewelry or old coins.

For what it's worth, I'm in Concord. When I started detecting in 2017, detecting was permitted on town property. Got a visit form a patrolman as I was detecting on Emerson Field on Easter 2020. I explained I'd checked with the PD back in 2017 and was assured detecting was ok. He wasn't sure but things might have changed. I stopped then and we actually had a nice chat as we left the field. I checked the following dat with the PD and was told detecting on Town land was no longer allowed. Just want to save any others from a problem.

Bedford and Maynard are ok as of the fall of 2020.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom