BH. Turn batteries back to back a rumor, good luck?

Gorgar

Elite Member
My detector has 2 - 9 Volt batteries on wire harnesses so it is possible to change the positions of the batteries end to end. I just read in another forum that someone does this! What the heck! I think its a rumor! Anyone else do this?? I think it must be for good luck!

I don't know about the luck thing but I have heard of people switching the batteries back and forth before every hunt to make them last longer.

My detector has 2 - 9 Volt batteries on wire harnesses so it is possible to change the positions of the batteries end to end. I just read in another forum that someone does this! What the heck! I think its a rumor! Anyone else do this?? I think it must be for good luck!

On the White's Prizms, one of the 9V batteries drains faster than the other one because it supplies power to the audio amplifier. Switching the two batteries periodically is a good idea to maximize the life of the battery pair. ;)

On the White's Prizms, one of the 9V batteries drains faster than the other one because it supplies power to the audio amplifier. Switching the two batteries periodically is a good idea to maximize the life of the battery pair. ;)

Same thing for my Fisher. I just recently figured this out. :newidea:

My BH just has a single LED that turns on to show "low battery"! Which is good when my MD suddenly starts acting up. The label should say "Replace Batteries Now!!!!!" But its nice feature and confirms the issue. The batteries last a long time. Probably about 5 hunts at about 5 hours each. Very happy with that.

The original post about switching batteries that I saw indicated that the positions of the batteries can cause problems with the MD. Just something to try if you have a problem with them if you believe it.

I do think the post about maybe switching batteries to get more life out of them as one of the batteries may power more than the other a good idea if your batteries don't seem to last long.

Thanks for some tips and interesting ideas. :newidea:

BH detectors.......

I don't know if the 505 suffers from the same, but the BH Time Ranger has a slow battery drain phenomena even when unit is off due to keeping certain digital circuits powered even when unit is turned off. Beats me why this is done.
Instead of wearing out the battery terminals switching batteries, why not get some high capacity/mAh Powerex NiMH rechargeable batteries. They are excellent alkaline replacements. Last a really long time between charges.

Back
Top Bottom