Need help with lost wedding ring. $100 reward

Josh

Hi guys. My name is Josh. I am from Atlanta Georgia but am currently in Houston Texas taking a short internship with a petrochemical company for the summer. I've been married 4 years ago yesterday.

I love to fish, hike, hunt, camp, outdoors etc. A couple days ago, while visiting the Texas City Dike, I decided to practice throwing my fish cast net. To make sure and be safe with my wedding ring, since I lost my original one fishing, I decided to take it off and put it in my swimsuit pocket. Later that night, I went to pull it out and it was gone. Looked in my pocket and it had a small hole big enough for my ring to fall through. I must have lost it where I was throwing my net on the dike.

As a kid I always wanted a metal detector and finally got one when I was 10 (An old White's detector). I played around with it for a few weeks and lost interest in it after finding nothing. I've always wanted to get back into the hobby but haven't quite done it yet.

The reason I'm here is to ask a favor from the resident members. I've read through some of you guys' lost and found articles and you guys appear to be some very nice honest people and really love this hobby and take it to higher levels than I would've ever imagined. I need to find my wedding ring and don't have a way to do it. I just figured I'd ask around to see if anyone would be willing to give me a hand on a short notice. I leave back for school(atlanta) on Tuesday morning. If I had the money, I would probably just either buy a nice detector or just replace the wedding ring, but as many of you might know many college students don't work or have a steady income. Your help would be sincerely appreciated!

edited to add: $100 reward and case of beer

can be contacted at 770dash596dash7322 Josh

Re: Need help with lost wedding ring.

Don't lose hope. Eventually someone from the area will read your post, and i hope will give a positive response.

HOW ABOUT IT GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were in your area, I would. I'm about 1/2 a country away. There has GOT to be someone out there. Maybe try putting something on www.craigslist.com ?

HH as always,

Bri-

Firewhiz said:
If I were in your area, I would. I'm about 1/2 a country away. There has GOT to be someone out there. Maybe try putting something on www.craigslist.com ?

HH as always,

Bri-

Thanks Bri-

I went ahead and posted on Craigs List. Haven't gotten any bites on this board and another larger board. In fact, I've gotten more response's from you guys than I have the other one. I would think that there would be lots of people wanting challenges on the weekend, or hunts to find other people's stuff. I've also contemplated buying a decent but still reasonably priced one and go find it myself. I just don't know anything about detectors. If someone could point me in the right direction on what type/kind to buy, I would probably do it. Any suggestions?

Josh give TonyCt a shout. He handles a lot of different machines and could set you on the right path I'm sure.

Depends where you lost your ring. Did you lose it in the water or on dry land? If you lost it in the water you'd need an underwater detector. If you lost it on dry ground you can get an inexpensive detector at Wal Mart or Radio Shack - like $100 or so.

Wish I could help, but I'm way up in New England. If you buy a detector, try it on someone else's wedding ring first if you can to determine the sound/readings it gives from the ring. Then, when you get out there, DIG EVERYTHING!!

Good luck!

I lost it on dry ground. Maybe I'll do that, buy a cheap one from wally world. Thanks for the advice guys!

Hey Josh,
I got excited when you said Atlanta, but then I saw you were in TX.
I wish I could help you but TX is a little far from here. I hope you can find someone who can help you there.
I live in Buford so when you come back home if you want to hunt or need something please let me know!

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom