Ghost beeps

Turn your sensativity down for 5-10 percent. That almost always helpes.
You won't find less als the sens gives falsings when over-sensative. Doesn't work better then.

Or it can be you have a bad contact or electric wire breakage. Mostly the coil wire around the stemm then (or coil wiring breakage).
Wiggel that listen if you get beeps then. Wiggel the wire contact at the control box and listen. Wiggel the coil and listen.

I have found in a heavy trash area that right at the end of my swing either right or left, it is not uncommon to get a high tone beep. But there is nothing there when I re-scan.

When I say heavy trash area, I mean there might be low tones in the swing, but nothing that "should" ring high.

If I am in a clean area, like woods this never happens. And it is always at the end of my swing.

I never hear anyone ask about this. And I have never seen it in any videos.

Can I be doing something in my swing pattern to cause this? Too fast, too slow, lifting the coil at the end? I try to make sure and keep the coil as level with the ground as I can...

Sometimes the swing edge (on the inside cross-chest swing) will catch whatever is in your left hand. I typically hold both my digger and pin pointer in that hand.

When I used to run the Garrett ACE series, if I had my cell phone in my pocket, it would always catch it if the screen was on (just enough EMI to cause a ding) Took forever for me to figure it out. I kept blaming it on environmental conditions, but then finally figured it out. :)

Also, check for cable slap on your detector, or loose coil, or even something on the INSIDE of your coil cover. All of those can cause high tone interrupts when you hit the end of your swing, due to the abrupt change in the force on the coil.

Sometimes, though, I get that too, and it's just not explainable. I check the area, and then just move on, typically just a hair "slower" on the swing.

Cheers,

Skippy

Thanks for all the suggestions, I get the same with both AT Pro and Nox 800. Now I have some things to experiment with!

Back
Top Bottom