Finished 175+ Coin Lot And Got A Permission For The House Next Door

beephead

Elite Member
This morning I was hitting the permission for the 3rd time, but this time I was beeping and digging with my modded Cibola with the Sharpshooter search coil attached because I didn't want to leave anything behind. Keep in mind most of those targets could have been gold rings. I found 3 more wheat pennies to bring the grand total for that small front yard to 55 wheat pennies. Look at all those nickels! See the first trash shot.

As I was near finishing up the neighbor next door can out go for a jog and I said hello. He stopped to ask what I was doing and I told him that I was looking for older coins. After a little chit chat, he said that I could dig in his yard if I wanted to. I told him that I was pretty worn out and wouldn't be able to finish his yard today and would have to come back. He said for me to come back anytime. I said OK. Well, I'm going to rest for a day or two before going back. I'm really sore!

I decided to pull out the Nox with the large 11-inch search coil and do some cherry-picking to see what the new permission had to offer. The front yard is huge compared to the one that I just finished detecting. I have high hopes!

Right off, next to the sidewalk, I locked on to a good target and unearthed a silver slide. See pictures, I'm not sure what to call it. I didn't spend much time detecting, but I did manage to find the silver slide, 2 Mercury dimes, a Rosie, 10 wheat pennies and a bunch of clad coins. I can't wait to go back when I'm full of piss and vinegar and not so tired, so I can detect the permission properly.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Nice hunting! That's a silver Bolo tie slide. Really awesome find. Here is a silver and turquoise Bolo tie slide I found some time ago.

Attachments

• 20190514_221422_resized_copy_600x1234.jpg
    20190514_221422_resized_copy_600x1234.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 20190514_221435_resized_copy_600x1234.jpg
    20190514_221435_resized_copy_600x1234.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 216
Seems like one heck of a permission! Congrats and good.luck on the rest of the hunt!

Thanks!

I went back there today and found a Rosie, a few wheat pennies and a bunch of clad coins, mostly memorial pennies. I'm dog tired and sore as hell! I promised myself that I'm not going back detecting until I get at least a couple of days rest. The lady across the street shouted at me from her front porch, so I walked across the street so I could hear her better. I told her that I couldn't come any closer because of the virus, so I talked to her from the middle of the yard.

She was just curious and needed someone to talk to. We talked about the good ole days for about 15 or 20 minutes. She's 85 years old and from my home state, Alabama. Before leaving I got permission to come back to detect her front yard anytime that l wanted to. The neighbors are really close and know one another, so I may get another permission or two before I'm done there.

beephead

This morning I was hitting the permission for the 3rd time, but this time I was beeping and digging with my modded Cibola with the Sharpshooter search coil attached because I didn't want to leave anything behind. Keep in mind most of those targets could have been gold rings. I found 3 more wheat pennies to bring the grand total for that small front yard to 55 wheat pennies. Look at all those nickels! See the first trash shot.

As I was near finishing up the neighbor next door can out go for a jog and I said hello. He stopped to ask what I was doing and I told him that I was looking for older coins. After a little chit chat, he said that I could dig in his yard if I wanted to. I told him that I was pretty worn out and wouldn't be able to finish his yard today and would have to come back. He said for me to come back anytime. I said OK. Well, I'm going to rest for a day or two before going back. I'm really sore!

I decided to pull out the Nox with the large 11-inch search coil and do some cherry-picking to see what the new permission had to offer. The front yard is huge compared to the one that I just finished detecting. I have high hopes!

Right off, next to the sidewalk, I locked on to a good target and unearthed a silver slide. See pictures, I'm not sure what to call it. I didn't spend much time detecting, but I did manage to find the silver slide, 2 Mercury dimes, a Rosie, 10 wheat pennies and a bunch of clad coins. I can't wait to go back when I'm full of piss and vinegar and not so tired, so I can detect the permission properly.

beephead

what happened to the "mojave!"?..lose interest?..i use my mojave on ''strips"
found my share! the 7" coil is great for the strips!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

what happened to the "mojave!"?..lose interest?..i use my mojave on ''strips"
found my share! the 7" coil is great for the strips!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Don't worry the Mojave isn't going anywhere, it's a keeper and it has paid for itself many times over. I have 10 great top of the line detectors and not enough time for half of them. I need to thin the herd but don't know where to begin.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom