High School Day #2: Another gold! + 3 silvers.

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
I didn't even realize I'd found another gold ring, today, when I found it. It rang up mid-80's and when I pulled it out, it was just a heavy dented silver ring.

Turns out it's a silver ring with Black Hills gold leaves. Black hills gold is 12K. Tests solid at the 10K acid, but faintly at the 14K. Spot on in my testing.

Definitely gold!

Woot!

6 rings total, but it was hard hunting for the 2 hours I was there. SO Much trash out there. You can see the pile. My back hurts.

Doesn't matter though, I came home, and my son (17), who hasn't been detecting in 2 years, took one look at the pile of rings and said, "I'm going with you tonight, we'll go back and do more."

WOO HOO! That's better than the gold! Hopefully, I can post another hunt later tonight, with more gold! :)

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_2435.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2436.jpg
    IMG_2436.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2437.jpg
    IMG_2437.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2438.jpg
    IMG_2438.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2440.jpg
    IMG_2440.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 196
Lucky you, all our schools are gated, locked and no tresspassing signs are up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow just yesterday i congratulated you on a ring and now another. Here i was happy because today I found my first silver Rosie of the year.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Wow just yesterday i congratulated you on a ring and now another. Here i was happy because today I found my first silver Rosie of the year.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

That's always a win. I've only ever found two. :(

Alright! Love those black hills gold leaves! Congrats! Hopefully you and your son go clean the rest of em outta there haha. Good Luck!

Nice work on the Black Hills Gold! I found a cool Black Hills gold and silver ring back in January, which is the only gold I've found so far this year.
OgfItSIl.jpg

Great hunting! You definitely earned those rings - my back hurts just looking at that trash pile! Gotta suffer the trash to earn the gold though - you're certainly maintaining your rep as the ring master!

Is that "Regulation Drill" medallion a challenge coin? Cool find too!

Back
Top Bottom