Rechargeable AA batteries

I do not know what Garrett did but I will say when I received my 24K it came with rechargeable Duracell AA's which I charged when I first received it the Duracell's lasted approximately 5 hours in the 24K which I thought was a pretty good run time on the 24K when I stopped detecting the batteries still had a couple bars of charge left, I do not like to run the rechargeable batteries completely dead so I stopped and went home i think Garrett did something in the 24K that seems to not drain the batteries real quick

I wish one of the manufactures would build a detector utilizing 18650 batteries because they run a tremendous amount of time in headlamps and flashlights, just do not mix a higher MAh battery with a lower MAh battery which I found out the hard way it can literally cause them to over heat and blow up, not paying attention to what I was doing I put a 9900 MAh in a headlamp and also a 3000 MAh together they started getting extremely hot by the time I got the headlamp off my head they were so hot you could not touch them I threw the headlamp out in my yard and they literally melted the battery compartment down to a clump of melted plastic before a small explosion occurred, it was not a good thing, so be very careful when using 18650s in anything they were Lithium Ion 18650s

I am a strong believer in not using rechargeable batteries in my metal detecting gear. Alkaline batteries are a very small investment, to a hobby where we spend hundreds or a thousand dollars on a machine. I still have a lot of rechargeable batts here from the past use. Good alkaline are key IMPO.

Don't go cheap. Headphones, maybe. It is simply best to use alkalines or lithium ion batteries, for this hobby.

not at the cost batteries are now don't know what you pay for AA's but the last time I purchased AA's it was like $32 for a pack of 16 Duracell s I personally do not like feeling I have been raped when purchasing AA batteries or any other battery for that matter

Thank Monte. Always appreciate your comments. I have tried several brands of AA rechargeables for the Vanquish and, as you mentioned, they do deplete on the quick. I'll leave a note for Santa about the RNB :)

Thank Monte. Always appreciate your comments. I have tried several brands of AA rechargeables for the Vanquish and, as you mentioned, they do deplete on the quick. I'll leave a note for Santa about the RNB :)

The biggest problem I've faced with AA cells (alkaline or NiMH) in the Vanquish machines is that they sometimes lose contact with the metal bits in the battery compartment. This often happens when transitioning to a dig or from a dig and back to swinging. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. I would imagine the RNB pack might fix this issue.

mh9162013: said:
The biggest problem I've faced with AA cells (alkaline or NiMH) in the Vanquish machines is that they sometimes lose contact with the metal bits in the battery compartment. This often happens when transitioning to a dig or from a dig and back to swinging. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. I would imagine the RNB pack might fix this issue.
I have owned 3 V-540's in the past, and have one now, plus another that I use as a 'Loaner-Unit'. I never had a battery contact issue with any of them. Not like you mention. Only the short battery run-time with any Vanquish I had. I am currently doing dome battery testing with a couple of friends. We are using the detectors we own, AA Alkalines, the different NiMH batteries we have (not to mix them) and the only Li-Ion battery I have is the RnB

So far with both, but limited use due to health and weather, the RnB fits snuggly w/o a contact issue. They are just about fully charged and then the Vanquish / RnB testing starts. Full Sensitivity, moving coil or test targets, no headphones for full speaker draw on the battery.

Monte

Where is the best source .. $$$ .. for AA, AAA and 9-V Eneloops?

Monte
Here is just an example for you to see off Amazon, good luck !
too_https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKSN5I/?ref_=cm_wl_huc_item, Sorry doesn't seem to work for me ?

Back
Top Bottom