Rechargeable AA batteries

chackadaux

Do any of y’all use them? What brand? Do y’all used the lithium plug in type?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Energizer rechargeable AAs, 2000 mAh NiMH. Got a four pack on Amazon for about $20 and I have been using them for over a year with no issues. They probably last 8+ hours in my Vanquish, but I never detect for that long, and just recharge them when I get home. You could spend more for a higher mAh rating if you want, but the 2000 mAh does just fine for my purposes.

I also use rechargeable 9V batteries for my pinpointer. I have EBL 600 mAh Li-ion 9V batteries that I got on Amazon for about $20. Came with two batteries and a charger. They work great, no complaints.

I ordered the 9v
I was trying to figure out the AA

I've been using eneloop (Panasonic) AA for the past 5-6 years in my AT Pro. I usually hunt 8-10 hours total on the weekends and never had any issues with them. I'll charge them up at some point throughout the week and they're still fully charged when the weekend rolls around. I also use eneloop rechargeables in a lot of other stuff as well and they have always performed great.

eneloop are top rated, I have had good luck with Tenergy slow drain and Amazon brand. I probably had a few go bad too early out of the 2 dozen. Haven't tried the liths because I've been happy with NiMH.

Last edited:
I just picked up a Garret 24K which came with Duracell rechargeable batteries and they are holding up pretty good the 24K came with 8 rechargeable Duracell AA's and a charger to charge all 8 batteries at once

I used rechargeable NiMH periodically since January of 2015 but two years ago I made a change-over to all NiMH AA's in my detectors and a few other devices at home like some multi-cell flashlights. I have an assortment of Eneloop (Panasonic) as well as Varta and some Minelab-labeled that came with Vanquish 540's.

Be aware that I never mix the brands around in a unit, and also know that some makes and models don't do well on batteries. The Minelab Vanquish 540's eat both Alkaline AA's and their Minelab-labeled NiMH batteries faster than any other detectors I have owned and used. That is the only model I made a bigger battery choice in and the V-540 uses the RNB battery pack (Lithium-Ion) for prolonged operation.

All of the NiMH batteries I have been using that are two power-levels of Eneloop and the Varta's have been serving me well in models I use and I get very good run-time with them.

I guess I ought to check on some of the NiMH 9 Volts batteries to find some that are not too out-of-normal size compared with most Alkaline batteries so they fit properly in my 3 Garrett AT ProPointers, 3 Tesoro's and an F-19 Ltd.

I am slowly parting out my Alkaline batteries as all but two of my flashlights are now rechargeable Lithium types. Guess the 'modern' era has cauht up with me or age has slowed me down.

Monte

Last edited:
I watched “project farm “ on YouTube, he did a 3 year review on rechargeable batteries and I chose to go with the Duracell rechargeable’s

do you have a recommendation for what MAh i want to get some for my 24K

I'm using Eneloops in all the electronics that take AA or AAA batteries. IMO there is nothing that beats the quality and longevity for the price.
I have the both the high capacity and the regular 1900-2000 mah rated batteries, and prefer the less expensive more durable white 1900 mah version.
They are rated for 2100 charge cycles and I have never had one that won't hold a charge (or leaked). The high capacity 2450 mah are only rated for 500 charges. B&H is a good source, best price I've found.

Attachments

• Eneloop -2000mah_3859.jpg
    Eneloop -2000mah_3859.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 267
I use Energizer rechargeable AAs, 2000 mAh NiMH. Got a four pack on Amazon for about $20 and I have been using them for over a year with no issues. They probably last 8+ hours in my Vanquish, but I never detect for that long, and just recharge them when I get home. You could spend more for a higher mAh rating if you want, but the 2000 mAh does just fine for my purposes.

I also use rechargeable 9V batteries for my pinpointer. I have EBL 600 mAh Li-ion 9V batteries that I got on Amazon for about $20. Came with two batteries and a charger. They work great, no complaints.

I have the same 9 volts, work just fine. Have EBL for my smaller batteries, but use the battery bar for the detector nothing else, love it.R/B Power Plus At-Batt pack. I guess good for 40 hours, no more buying batteries ! I don't believe I have anything running on regular batteries anymore ? Even my Christmas Tree runs off rechargeable AA EBL batteries ! I have many item's
that charges up wireless, without batteries , that you need to change !
too_

Last edited:
Time Chage = Batttery Change.

I have a number of detectors and not all are used regularly, and this year most have bee idle due to my health issues, moving, etc. Used or not, I always check and change all batteries in detectors, flashlights, smo K e detectors and other things in the spring and fall when we make a time change. That's this weekend so I started checking and changing today.

Since I changed over to using NiMH rechargeable and they were all charged up earlier. Taking them out to replace I noticed the Minelab labeled rechargeable had self discharged the most by checking the detector's battery display as well as my battery tester.

Those with the Varta NiMH batteries were still close to full on the display and tester. Those with Eneloops? Still registered the fullest and all were charged up and put in the detectors at the same time last spring time-change. They are my favorite.

Monte

Just picked up 8 of the black Eneloop rechargeable batteries will let everyone know how they work

also my daughter works for Batteries Bulbs Plus she over sees several stores in Arizona and several other states she gave me a recommendation on some batteries called Noun, she is picking me up 8 to try in my 24K she also gets me a healthy discount on batteries she lets me have them at her cost which is about a 60% discount

Just picked up 8 of the black Eneloop rechargeable batteries will let everyone know how they work

also my daughter works for Batteries Bulbs Plus she over sees several stores in Arizona and several other states she gave me a recommendation on some batteries called Noun, she is picking me up 8 to try in my 24K she also gets me a healthy discount on batteries she lets me have them at her cost which is about a 60% discount

Never heard of those...figured out you mean Nuon. Make sure she gets you the NiMH, not the Ni-Cd. At 2500 mAh, should keep you detecting at least as long as with Alkalines, if not longer.

Back
Top Bottom