• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Brothers & Sisters of the Church of the Compadre

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I was going to wait until our next church meeting but figured it could not wait. I received the Fisher 1266x late yesterday, I had to hay it all day and didn't get a chance to try it out. Got the work done for the night, ate supper, got on the computer for a bit. All along the 1266x was in plain sight, while reading the forums thinking about my fellow Compadre'ans, I couldn't take it any longer I just had to do it. Thats right I snatched my wife's jewelry box and began bench testing some of her jewelry. Go ahead and sit down sllingshot,ok ready.... the 1266x hit on the jewelry better than I imagined it would. Even ear ring backs made it sound off, then chains she had made it sound off, I have to confess I did not have a fine gold chain to test it on. I held an old rusty fence staple on top of a coin and waived it under the coil, got a good repeatable signal. These tests were all done using the stock 8" spider coil. I just didn't have the heart to put on the 5" coil and test it, I figured if it worked even better on jewelry that it would be too much for you Compadre'ans to handle in one day. I am pretty sure that the Compadre will hit better than the 1266x on fine jewelry but in all seriousness the 1266x is amazing for being an older relic detector. I have to hay it all day again today but I am planing to take it on a hunt tomorrow, unfortunately they are calling for rain the next four days. I came in the house for breakfast this morning and noticed my wife and my 1266x was gone, she told me last night that she might try it out today but I didn't think she would until later in the day. So it should be interesting to see how she does with it as I never told her about any of the adjustments/ settings /features/etc. of it. Ok sllingshot you can get up now :lol:

Attachments

• church-meetings.gif
    church-meetings.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 310
Hey-I used to want one of those really bad. Doesn't it have dual discrimination? I would set the second one to where tabs break up quite noticeably-not just a "click" sound. Then, whenever I checked it and:
(1. If it broke up-pulltab region.
(2. If it went silent-nickel region
(3. If it still sounded good-coin.
Hallelujah, brother!

Hey-I used to want one of those really bad. Doesn't it have dual discrimination? I would set the second one to where tabs break up quite noticeably-not just a "click" sound. Then, whenever I checked it and:
(1. If it broke up-pulltab region.
(2. If it went silent-nickel region
(3. If it still sounded good-coin.
Hallelujah, brother!

Yes it has dual disc. like the Tesoro Tejon, even has the toggle switch pinpoint like on the Tejon. My wife came home with it a few minutes ago & I asked her how did you like it. She said its pretty good, the word she kept referring to it as was touchy. I said touchy not touch you know what :lol:. She found over 3 dollars with it and am happy to see that she found 6 or 8 nickels (could of been rings). I played with it a short period of time in my yard and it is noisy (snap crackle pop) if cranked up. I am thinking it is deeper than any Tesoro I have used yet but the Tesoro's have a "cleaner" discrimination, on a Tesoro if a target is disc'd out you will not hear it. Not sure how old it is but do know they quit making the 1266x in 2005. It is in very good condiotion but you can almost see the history in it, hard to explain, it has a few scratches on the top of the control housing and the coil is dirt stained. Not show room clean like the other detectors I have had. Nothing chipped,broke,or cracked and the decals are all good, just looks like it was used for what it was made for. More on it later after I get to try it out in a real hunt.

The 1266 is a true relic machine. I used one for a year and man that thing was deep. Only drawback is it will find cut nails 1/2 a mile away.:yes:
But thats what makes it a good relic machine. Don't bother using a trowel,you better get a shovel or backhoe.

The 1266 is a true relic machine. I used one for a year and man that thing was deep. Only drawback is it will find cut nails 1/2 a mile away.:yes:
But thats what makes it a good relic machine. Don't bother using a trowel,you better get a shovel or backhoe.

So true.........

Back
Top Bottom