Another Big Monster Silver Ring

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I went out to a park/sports field that I been to several times. Most of the shallow targets have been dug up already. So I worked the area slow and steady for the deeper stuff.

I got a solid VDI 39. It just sounded too good to be junk or large iron so I decided to dig it up. About 8" down I find this silver ring. It has to be one of the largest silver rings I have found.

After cleaning it up, it is actually a ring within a ring. The outer rope design part of the ring actually turns/rotates around the inner ring. It is marked .925. It weighs in at 14.21 grams with a diameter of 1.125".

After researching it, I found something similar, it appears to retail new for about £155.00 or $195.00. See link for more information: http://www.manupjewellery.co.uk/men...ens-ring-heavy-rope-center-handmade-7-16-wide

As of late, I been lucky finding some nice deeper silver jewelry as well as the usually bread and butter clad.

And for a nice treat, I found '76 JFK half about 9" down in another hole too.

Thanks for taking the time to read my latest post!

Attachments

• Coins silver ring 12142018 002.jpg
    Coins silver ring 12142018 002.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 606
  • Coins silver ring 12142018 004.jpg
    Coins silver ring 12142018 004.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 573
  • Coins silver ring 12142018 005.jpg
    Coins silver ring 12142018 005.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 578
  • Coins silver ring 12142018 007.jpg
    Coins silver ring 12142018 007.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 577
  • Coins silver ring 12142018 003.jpg
    Coins silver ring 12142018 003.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 596
  • Coins silver ring 12142018 006.jpg
    Coins silver ring 12142018 006.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Thank you!

What a great find JAK! Heavy piece of silver congratulations!

Thanks BuscaPlata! It made my day for sure. Now if I only had more of those kind of days.

Wow!! That's a big ring. congrats to the big silver.

Thanksmdtrapper! It must be some type of toe or thumb ring I am thinking.

congrats on the monster ring!!!!!

Thanks rustyk1! It is one of the largest silver rings I have found.

WOW, that thing is a monster of a ring. Just think how big the dude was. He must have been related to BIG FOOT.
KEN. :D

Thanks Ken! If the ground was not so soft today, I may have let it go.

Awesome hunt! Just over a half ounce of silver in one hole, congrats!

Thanks cellrdwellr! That was one of the first things I did too...did a weight conversion. It got some good weight to it.

sweet find congrats:D

Thanks brncofan! From finding clad to finding this silver ring...it sure made the hunt worthwhile.

Congrats on the chunky sterling ring and other finds!

Thanks Waveoff! I found two nice silver rings this week.

Congrats on another heavy sterling ring and the rest of the finds...excellent hunt!

Thanks Captain Silver! If I can't find any silver coins, I will gladly accept the silver jewerly.

That's a STERLING HONKER!! Cool design... Great find...congrats!

Thanks METALMANIAC-NY! At first I thought it was a napkin holder. But after I cleaned it up...it started to spin.

Nice job Jak! Congrats

Thanks WyoTom! Got to get eseis year-end finds in before the ground freezes up.

A spinner ring huh? It was deep. Is your recovery speed at 4?

Meraladdict,,yes, 8" down and yes on the speed.

Wow that thing is a beast. And what, thats the second honker in as many weeks. I would have to say you are doing quite well with the Eq. Between clad and and silver you should have return on your investment in no time. I have only found one silver ring this year. I don't seem to have luck with rings and such. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom