Nox 800 just arrived!!!!!

pryan67

Forum Supporter
It finally arrived...it's been nigh onto 48 hours since I ordered it :) Thanks again Bart....ULTRA fast shipping and a great deal.

Looks sweet but that coil is HUGE...I'm used to the 5X8 on my AT Pro. Can't wait to get it out in the yard (as soon as I'm done helping my son with his homework LOL )

It finally arrived...it's been nigh onto 48 hours since I ordered it :) Thanks again Bart....ULTRA fast shipping and a great deal.

Looks sweet but that coil is HUGE...I'm used to the 5X8 on my AT Pro. Can't wait to get it out in the yard (as soon as I'm done helping my son with his homework LOL )

Depending on your endurance that bigger coil can take time to get used to. I really liked the feel of the 5X8.

BCD

Just spent about 15 minutes with it in my front yard....LOTS of signals...too many to dig yet...but it found a tiny piece of iron at 8 inches....amazing. I need to figure out the settings and play a LOT more. I just turned it on and swung

One thing that I wish the 800 had was the ability to program the modes from your computer. It should be a fairly simple thing to do. You could program all the modes for your taste using a GUI.

Maybe they'll do that in a later version of the software. Since you can update the firmware via USB, it should be possible.

You WILL get used to it, yet likely invest in the 6"coil in time as a combo. The 6" will seem small, but it gets very good coverage AND depth on the Eguinox for it's size. I have to say...if Minelab ever makes an 8 inch coil for the Equinox, it may stay on my machine. I understand where you've been with the 5x8.

You are in for some fun learning this machine.

Hey, how's that thing working out for ya? Drive ya nuts yet? I'm still figuring out mine, but getting more confident and competent with it.

So far I'm loving it....but I haven't messed with any of the settings yet...the areas I've been hunting are full of iron and junk, so I want to change the settings to avoid that....since the season is over for the most part, I'm going to leave them as is for now, and use the winter to play with the settings and try to understand them all.

Hopefully we'll have a few more good days this season....but I'm not gonna hold my breath...we're heading into temps which will freeze the ground :(

So far I'm loving it....but I haven't messed with any of the settings yet...the areas I've been hunting are full of iron and junk, so I want to change the settings to avoid that....since the season is over for the most part, I'm going to leave them as is for now, and use the winter to play with the settings and try to understand them all.

Hopefully we'll have a few more good days this season....but I'm not gonna hold my breath...we're heading into temps which will freeze the ground :(
You might be surprised at how long it takes for some ground to really freeze hard. Last year, I was detecting well into December, with some ground froze, some with just a frozen crust that's easy to dig through, and some ground not froze at all yet.

I got a day or two in in December last year, and I remember being out in February a couple of days....

bring on the global warming...I don't want to have to wait a few months to get out again :)

Although, any somewhat warm days I'll hit the sand lots, beaches, and totlots this winter

Seriously you need to get to iron bias setting and put it to zero like Tnss says, so you can dig nonferrous amongst the iron/rusty objects! It works!

Seriously you need to get to iron bias setting and put it to zero like Tnss says, so you can dig nonferrous amongst the iron/rusty objects! It works!

Really? Set at zero? I must have read the manual wrong...I read it as setting it that low would make the non-ferrous items not show up if the iron was strong.

Really? Set at zero? I must have read the manual wrong...I read it as setting it that low would make the non-ferrous items not show up if the iron was strong.

This is why I use the Park2, or either field mode. The iron Bias is zero in those programs. Park1 has the iron bias at 6, as do the beach and gold modes. (this would be a little different with the Equinox 600.)

This is why I use the Park2, or either field mode. The iron Bias is zero in those programs. Park1 has the iron bias at 6, as do the beach and gold modes. (this would be a little different with the Equinox 600.)

Yep park2 is what I use too.

Back
Top Bottom