Greatest Metal Detecting Find EVER!!!

penneyrich

You don't have to dig a hole to find something truly incredible out metal detecting. I found just such a thing while I was out detecting at an abandoned school in Abilene, TX. I work here in Abilene and family is a long way away from me. As I was detecting, a guy drove up to me and struck up a conversation. He said he hadn't seen anyone other than him detect this old school and if I was doing any good. I was not, and he asked if I wanted to go with him to a permission of his. Well I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty cool when someone has enough generosity to ask a complete stranger to go with them on one of their personal permissions. I have only hunted public parks and welcomed the chance to hunt a private property. Since then he has welcomed me on several other hunts and I have found my first Indian and Barber dime with him. These were also on his personal permissions. In this day and age were there is a lot of bad news out there, it is great to see that the world still has people in it who are generous and decent. My hats off to Robert!! Thanks a bunch my friend and I look forward to many more hunts in the future!

Attachments

• 20181215_162134_resized.jpg
    20181215_162134_resized.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 439
You don't have to dig a hole to find something truly incredible out metal detecting. I found just such a thing while I was out detecting at an abandoned school in Abilene, TX. I work here in Abilene and family is a long way away from me. As I was detecting, a guy drove up to me and struck up a conversation. He said he hadn't seen anyone other than him detect this old school and if I was doing any good. I was not, and he asked if I wanted to go with him to a permission of his. Well I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty cool when someone has enough generosity to ask a complete stranger to go with them on one of their personal permissions. I have only hunted public parks and welcomed the chance to hunt a private property. Since then he has welcomed me on several other hunts and I have found my first Indian and Barber dime with him. These were also on his personal permissions. In this day and age were there is a lot of bad news out there, it is great to see that the world still has people in it who are generous and decent. My hats off to Robert!! Thanks a bunch my friend and I look forward to many more hunts in the future!

This is an great story. I can tell you that two of my best friends in the world are guy's I was introduced to while detecting. We have been for years. It's good to find other people who share a common interest.

Good story, and yes its hard to believe it but there are still decent and generous people out there. Glad you found one to hunt with. By the way, from the pic it looks like you could be brothers. Good luck. HH Mark

Are you guys sure you were not separated at birth ?
Great story .

Sounds like we will get some great hunting reports very soon.
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom