Had a pretty good week hunting

volksbeetle28

Things kicked off at my go to park. Been really hitting this place hard since I got back into dirt digging in 2016. The easy signals are long gone. I’m in the trash-clearing/iffy signal phase, but I was able to get 2 wheats 1940 and a 1950. One of them was in a hole with 3 beaver tails directly above them by about 3 inches. Also in the area was a WWII era hat pin. On the way out i decided to hit the front part of the park littered with all kinds of trash but I was able to get a nice tone with the numbers all over the place. Eight inches down I pulled out a green disc. I thought it was going to be an early wheat but was surprised to see an Indian.
1e599fd3eeb00fd932da8db46dd34918.jpg

Next 2 hunts were at park I’ve hit before, but been about 10 years and I haven’t found anything old. I was able to get 2 corroded wheats and some clad when I decided to head toward my car. Detecting my way back I started getting some deeper hits close the sidewalk resulting in some 5-6 inch wheats and older memorials. I got an awesome sounding 31-32 on the equinox and thought for sure this was going to be a silver. Sure enough, it was a 1935 Mercury. I called it a day but came back to hit where I left off. This time I only managed 2 more wheats, a bunch of 60s pennies and about 3 bucks clad. I also got a flat button but I think this park used a lot of fertilizer and it’s has corroded things up a bit.
cc3167b010f18f1a5529812c33b63fcf.jpg

Next hunt was a quick one back at the first park. I went solely to dig trash to unmask targets in another section loaded with trash. I got 2 wheats, a war nickel and a mercury dime...but only one of the wheats was masked by trash. The equinox 600 was able to pick the silvers out of the trash. When I got the dime I was shocked. Ive been over this whole park with my other detectors numerous times and none have sounded off on these targets.
428074d7efa6634b1dee412f5ed6c547.jpg

I got the equinox for my beach trips 3 or 4 times a year, but I’ve using it exclusively since May and have been making good finds where things had dried up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats on the silver and cents. The IH came out of the soil in great condition..

Congrats on some good finds. I'm always surprised when I dig an IHP, they always sound different, most of the time tho they sound like a deep zinc penny.

Congrats on the very nice assortment of finds!

Great finds! Congrats

Congrats on the Silver's and a pile of Wheat's. That Indian looks downright nice with that patina. Trapper

Congrats on some good finds. I'm always surprised when I dig an IHP, they always sound different, most of the time tho they sound like a deep zinc penny.

Congrats on the great hunts!!! That Indian is in great shape!!

congrats on the silver and cents. The IH came out of the soil in great condition..

Thanks everyone! The soil at that park is very kind to coins. I put the Indian and the wheats in the tumbler and then put them in hydrogen peroxide/baking soda rub. They come out really nice.

Back
Top Bottom