Cold field hunt nets a largie and Saloon token!!

Yup. I believe it. I was at the NDL hunt in VA a few weeks ago, and got a Large cent while I was there in VA. As did my hunt partner with me on that trip. We had gone into town to try out luck at some parks at a nearby city. He even got a 3 cent piece at one of the parks we tried.

And I saw some LC's found at the group-hunt site (corn fields that had seen CW action & old plantation sites). I bumped into one fellow, from NY state, who casually mentioned he was at 50 LC's this year so far. Sickening. Utterly sickening .
not my area of Ohio! I hunt fields all spring and fall, that was only my second large cent this season. Now indian pennies are everywhere :laughing:

not my area of Ohio! I hunt fields all spring and fall, that was only my second large cent this season. Now indian pennies are everywhere :laughing:

Not in my area of Ohio, either! I got my first two Largies this year, and I consider myself dang lucky to even have found those. I’ve spent a lot of time in fields also, and pick up IHPs left and right in them, but no large cents. Not that I’m complaining - I love IHPs! But, of all places, both my large cents were found in the same park, so I guess that doesn’t exactly disprove Tom’s point! :lol:

Anyways, beautiful group of finds, g4e!

Back
Top Bottom