Hometown Christmas 1948

diggin4clad

Elite Member
This is a picture of the downtown area of Norwich, Conn. at Christmas time in 1948. :xtree:This is the town where I was born and grew up. The scene is at night and at the time I was two years old. It just looks so peaceful.

Attachments

• Image (29).jpg
    Image (29).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 156
Awesome photo my friend. I kinda remember places like that when I was growing up as well. I also agree, I would want to go back too.:yes:;)

looks like Bedford Falls! Very nice picture and memories of snowy streets!...

We used to do a thing called 'Bumper Hitching'..I'm sure this went on all over the Country and was called various things...Nobody taught it to us, it was just a natural reflex response to snowy streets and moving cars and being outside....

We would run out in the street and grab a bumper of a slow moving car and get pulled down the road sort of skiing along behind!...All the way to school or wherever! I dont remember it being that big a deal or anybody getting hurt or in trouble for it...It was just an alternate mode of travel instead of plodding along on unplowed sidewalks...

I dont know if kids do this anymore?...probably not..probably have to wear a safety helmet...:laughing:.

looks like Bedford Falls! Very nice picture and memories of snowy streets!...

We used to do a thing called 'Bumper Hitching'..I'm sure this went on all over the Country and was called various things...Nobody taught it to us, it was just a natural reflex response to snowy streets and moving cars and being outside....

We would run out in the street and grab a bumper of a slow moving car and get pulled down the road sort of skiing along behind!...All the way to school or wherever! I dont remember it being that big a deal or anybody getting hurt or in trouble for it...It was just an alternate mode of travel instead of plodding along on unplowed sidewalks...

I dont know if kids do this anymore?...probably not..probably have to wear a safety helmet...:laughing:.
MP how many cars today have a bumper you could grab.:p:lol: Back in the day I was guilty of doing this and it was a riot...………...until you hit a bare patch.:shock::shock::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom