Church of the Compadre...

Church of the Compadre

Well I found somebody willing to send me a Mojave, and I couldn't resist their price of $212.60 (new)! Now the wait ...

If you need me, I'll be sitting outside on the steps of the church. :cool:

Hi bindibadgi,

Was $212.60 (new) a dealer price or an individual ? You saved $66.40 ! :wow:

Thanks for sharing info. and lots of luck with the Mojave !

ToddB64

It was $250.10, but with a Black Friday deal at 15% off, that’s what brought it down. I could resist no longer!

bindibadgi…...I respect your decision to NOT answer my question, however, just in case my post wasn't clear, I was asking if you bought from a dealer or an individual. Nor was I asking for their name, as that's your private business. ;)

Toddb64

Sorry Toddb64; I missed the intent of your question. It wasn't deliberate! :grin:

I bought it from a dealer, but it was not an advertised price, if that helps. It probably doesn't, but I don't know if they want to be named.

Sorry Toddb64; I missed the intent of your question. It wasn't deliberate! :grin:

I bought it from a dealer, but it was not an advertised price, if that helps. It probably doesn't, but I don't know if they want to be named.

not supposed to sell at that price! tesoro can/will "pull" dealership! ..great deal though! good luck!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Church of the Compadre....

Thanks bindibadgi :grin:

I was just curious because of the real low price on a new unit.

I'm sure they don't want to be named, since they were selling below the dealer discount allowance. :lol:

HH...….ToddB64

not supposed to sell at that price! tesoro can/will "pull" dealership! ..great deal though! good luck!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Thanks bindibadgi :grin:

I was just curious because of the real low price on a new unit.

I'm sure they don't want to be named, since they were selling below the dealer discount allowance. :lol:

HH...….ToddB64

Calm down guys. Sheesh!

He got it on eBay from a dealer that was selling it for $250.10. That is a normal price new for this machine. eBay had a 15% off discount code for Black Friday. That brought the price down for the buyer. The dealer still ended up selling the machine for the retail price.

Calm down guys. Sheesh!

He got it on eBay from a dealer that was selling it for $250.10. That is a normal price new for this machine. eBay had a 15% off discount code for Black Friday. That brought the price down for the buyer. The dealer still ended up selling the machine for the retail price.

i see! said the blind man as he opened his eyes for the very first time!
wish i had "waited!"..discounted price "new" is $251.10

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Church of the Compadre..

Calm down guys. Sheesh!

Waveoff,

No offense meant, but Sheesh!, if bindibadgi had said that (the above colored blue) in post #1039 on page 104, it would have explained everything and should have eliminated any further question.

ToddB64

What can I say? I'm a noob. I have been on other forums in the past where flame wars ensued if the word eBay was even mentioned, so consider me burned by past experience.

My apologies if you needed more information than what I gave.

Anyhow, I'm really excited and looking forward to the mail arriving. I'm considering a trip to the beach. The bonus is that my wife will think it was for her benefit! :laughing:

Haha, yep, you got it!

I'm pretty happy with the deal.

you should be! in my view,detector is a bargain at $251.10 "sleeper" in the line!
at what you paid,it's 'almost" no money! good luck with it! you will love it over time as you learn it's language! ..i use mine for totters,and old sidewalk easements.it's always in the car with me wherever i go!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

What can I say? I'm a noob. I have been on other forums in the past where flame wars ensued if the word eBay was even mentioned, so consider me burned by past experience.

My apologies if you needed more information than what I gave.

Anyhow, I'm really excited and looking forward to the mail arriving. I'm considering a trip to the beach. The bonus is that my wife will think it was for her benefit! :laughing:

Don't sweat it! I know what you mean about mentioning the word "eBay" on certain forums. I've seen guys get banned by powertripping moderators who feel that eBay can't be mentioned by name because they're not a site sponsor or whatever.

Don't mind the people who feel the need to be extremely particular about details.:lol:

Good luck with the new machine!

Let us Remember the passing of Tesoro the Creator of The Compadre

I have heard Tesoro has closed its doors. Rusty apearantly has said there is still one person staying to service detectors. It is truly a sad day.
Let us remember the sweet voice our Compadre has. The analog tones, the double beeps. Nothing can replace our beloved. Let us hold candlelight vigils. Let us have a moment of silence for the passing of our dearly beloved. Only we owners of The Compadre will truly know the joy of what this detector can bring. Let us share stories in remembrance of this incredible detector.
May someone buy Tesoro and resurect our mighty Compadre. Rest in peace Tesoro, rest in peace.:sadbye:

I have heard Tesoro has closed its doors. Rusty apearantly has said there is still one person staying to service detectors. It is truly a sad day.
Let us remember the sweet voice our Compadre has. The analog tones, the double beeps. Nothing can replace our beloved. Let us hold candlelight vigils. Let us have a moment of silence for the passing of our dearly beloved. Only we owners of The Compadre will truly know the joy of what this detector can bring. Let us share stories in remembrance of this incredible detector.
May someone buy Tesoro and resurect our mighty Compadre. Rest in peace Tesoro, rest in peace.:sadbye:

Yeah so who's gonna pull a dealership?:laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Well, My compadre is not ready for that big place in the sky..

Mine keeps on ticking just like it did when it was new.
I don't think it will ever die. Just feed it a new battery once in a while and watch what happens..
To many people are worried about their Tesoro. Look at how many old ones are out their.
Mine will never stop working. I have faith.

KEN :p

Hi Tahoegold ! :tiphat:

Good post ! :thumbsup:

In reference to your above comment I colored blue and the attached picture of the Compadre face plate I copied from one of Digger27's previous post's, are you saying you set the Disc dial indicator mark between the and the ZN ?

Thanks,

ToddB64
Hi ToddB64,
Wow, I haven't been getting notifications... And this is a very late response. Yes, the question about the position for coins is about where you put the 5. However, how I set it precisely was by using a zinc penny. I would turn the dial slowly to disc out the zinc penny and then bring the disc back until the penny was detectable but barely. It would pop and chirp etc. I was in an area with so much trash it was just everywhere. I wanted to cherry pick the clad and anything silver and not have anything else make noise. When I found a coin spill, then I dug everything. I pulled dimes and quarters out of thick trash. There were other guys with detectors going over the same area. I just was amazed that no one found these. I found silver items as well. I was doing well enough that I saw no point in digging everything.....yet. But there was so much trash I realized why I was doing what I was. So, really, the best way to set the zinc penny setting, is with a zinc penny. What is amazing is that nothing, I mean even big Iron, will not be heard. Try that with any other detector. Shhhh, don't say that too loud. Others will start calling us fanatic Compadre Zealot wierdos.

Back
Top Bottom