• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

White's TRX

goodtimecharlie

Elite Member
I love my White's TRX having said that after almost four years of use almost daily it finally quit working properly. I called White's about getting it repaired and was told to ship it to them with a note of the issues it was having and my contact info and they would send me a new TRX. WOW! White's has always been a Top Notch Company, but this is more than I expected. My new TRX arrived yesterday and I'm a happy camper. Thanks White's.

Just had mine replaced too. Mine started leaking at the on off button, but was still working. I called like you did and they told me the same thing: send it in and they'll send me a new one. And they did!

Congrats, although I am not surprised. When I had White’s detectors, their customer service was always top notch. :yes:

Trx

Just had mine replaced too. Mine started leaking at the on off button, but was still working. I called like you did and they told me the same thing: send it in and they'll send me a new one. And they did!

Did they send you a new and improved design or the same thing???

These companies keep claiming these things are submergible and nope they don't last ten minutes in a water hunt.
My TRX was less than one week old . I wasn't thrilled in the least bit with its performance on dry dirt hunts. Just too widespread of a field for a pinpointer. I took it for a shallow water hunt all excited about having this fancy waterproof pinpointer and the thing went for its 3rd dip and came out chirping continuous.....
Took the batts out and sure enough they were wet. I shook some of the water out and put in fresh ones and it still cries out continuous.....
Have you guys had the TRX submerged ???

Did they send you a new and improved design or the same thing???

These companies keep claiming these things are submergible and nope they don't last ten minutes in a water hunt.
My TRX was less than one week old . I wasn't thrilled in the least bit with its performance on dry dirt hunts. Just too widespread of a field for a pinpointer. I took it for a shallow water hunt all excited about having this fancy waterproof pinpointer and the thing went for its 3rd dip and came out chirping continuous.....
Took the batts out and sure enough they were wet. I shook some of the water out and put in fresh ones and it still cries out continuous.....
Have you guys had the TRX submerged ???

I may have submerged mine once in a creek, but I don't remember for sure. The rubber on off cover on mine failed after being turned on and off many, many times. Shouldn't fail that soon though. That and the rubber speaker cover are the weak spots IMO. Funny you mention it's got too wide of a detecting field. I bought it because I like that it only detects from the tip instead of the entire shaft. I feel it's got a small detecting field. You can ratchet down the sense by pressing the on off button to narrow the field.

My TRX was my go to over the Garrett for a good 2 years. I still love the pointer but was noticing it was falsing with a little too much regularity as of late. Took a flyer on the ML Pro 35 and now I am in love with that pointer....it has yet to false, allows me to easily increase/decrease the sensitivity on the fly and discriminates on iron (which really helps when digging a scratchy signal that ends up being junk). Love my 35.

Well, I think my TRX died today..... it’s been acting up for the last week falsing and working intermittently. All of a sudden today I turn it on and instead of the normal fast “beep, beep” I get a different tone and then a constant slow beeping. Like the overload signal. I don’t think this pinpointer is even a year old. I hope Whites will take care of it. They are awesome when the are working correctly!

Well, I think my TRX died today..... it’s been acting up for the last week falsing and working intermittently. All of a sudden today I turn it on and instead of the normal fast “beep, beep” I get a different tone and then a constant slow beeping. Like the overload signal. I don’t think this pinpointer is even a year old. I hope Whites will take care of it. They are awesome when the are working correctly!

You bragged on it and jinxed yourself :lol:

Sounds from reading the thread, you won't have any issues. Time comes, this will likely be my next PP.

You bragged on it and jinxed yourself :lol:

Sounds from reading the thread, you won't have any issues. Time comes, this will likely be my next PP.

That’s the way it normally goes I guess! Ha! They are an awesome pointer....

Update!

I contacted Whites, they told me my particular Trx was born in 2014. The very nice lady told me to send it in and they will take a look at it under warranty and I should have it back within a week of them receiving it. That’s awesome!

Trx

I use my TRX and love it but it does have a few idiosyncracies. I use it at full power and after finding the target it does usually keep on beeping but by then I don't care, it did what it was supposed to. Also as I turn it on I hold it up away from anything otherwise it doesn't get the best depth. It works for me.

My TRX was my go to over the Garrett for a good 2 years. I still love the pointer but was noticing it was falsing with a little too much regularity as of late. Took a flyer on the ML Pro 35 and now I am in love with that pointer....it has yet to false, allows me to easily increase/decrease the sensitivity on the fly and discriminates on iron (which really helps when digging a scratchy signal that ends up being junk). Love my 35.

How's the 35's depth compared to the TRX?

How's the 35's depth compared to the TRX?

About the same, maybe a little bit better. The probe sensitivity areas are not the same as the TRX, so that takes a little time to get used to, but when you need to find your coin in the hole next to iron the 35 really shows it's how well it performs over the TRX.

Back
Top Bottom