Fun lined up for this weekend!

DirtyNeckJesse

Elite Member
After numerous attempts to catch the right person on the phone over the last two months, I was able to get them today and secure the permission! I caught the county Judge in his office, (well I actually had to wait a half hour!) and he gave me permission to hunt the courthouse grounds in his county! It is about 30-35 miles from me, but a nice big area and a site where the courthouse was built in the late 1930's just after the Great Depression. Prior to that it had been the site of an old livery stable that was closed down in 1912. I can't wait to get at it! Several large old trees sprinkled around on about a full city block of land. I'll post what I find! I'll try to keep it clean if I don't find anything good. lol As far as anyone at the courthouse knew, it has never been hunted! Virgin ground baby!

With that history your bound to find some good stuff. If its been hunted or not is a tough one to say, I would guess probably not if its been a county courthouse for that long.
Good Hunting. :clapping:

Well to say I am disappointed with the old courthouse site is an understatement. Lots of very jumpy targets. Started out digging all targets but was soon overwhelmed by all the BS signals. Threw in the towel after a couple of hours and very little success. Sorry the pics are so bad. Scanner is on the fritz and had to use my phone camera. Finds were 4 memorials from the 70's,
1 wheatie (1945), and a clad 1971 Qtr. also showing the space junk that came along with them.

Attachments

• delta county coins.jpg
    delta county coins.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 201
  • delta county junk.jpg
    delta county junk.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 192
Man I hate it when that happens, get all siked about a place & it turns out to be a bust. Then there's those places that you think will suck & turn out to be magical. Hope your next spot makes up the difference.

Sorry about your bad luck Danny !!! Hopefully you will find some good spots to find some good stuff. Were you using a big or small coil? If you just used a big one, you might want to try a small coil to separate some of the junk out.

Man I hate it when that happens, get all siked about a place & it turns out to be a bust. Then there's those places that you think will suck & turn out to be magical. Hope your next spot makes up the difference.

Thanks man. I'll just keep on cuttin plugs til I find that magical spot! ON TO THE NEXT!:lol:

Sorry about your bad luck Danny !!! Hopefully you will find some good spots to find some good stuff. Were you using a big or small coil? If you just used a big one, you might want to try a small coil to separate some of the junk out.

I was using the larger stock coil. I guess I should have taken my sniper coil but I got off work early and just went on a whim.

I was using the larger stock coil. I guess I should have taken my sniper coil but I got off work early and just went on a whim.

Yeah, I would go back with the sniper coil and see if you can't pull some goodies out of the trash. I have done that a few times in real trashy areas and came away with some nice finds. Good luck with your next hunt !!!
Pesc

Well that sucks! Ive been through that several times. Switch up coils as suggested or do a grid search.

Those Texas courthouses have always looked so good, too. I love driving in the hill country and seeing those grassy areas with large trees in the courtyards. There has to be more there to find as all the locals have sat and picnicked under those trees.

Back
Top Bottom