• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Digging Gloves

I use those inexpensive nitrile? coated gloves. I find sufficient sensitivity is retained and they keep my hands clean. Probably not very protective but no problems yet.

I've been happy with Firm Grip general purpose... theyre about $10-12 a pair, or you can find multi packs. Synthetic leather grip, good protection, but touch sensitivity... I tried cheaper gloves, but couldn't operate knobs and buttons, zippers, etc.

I have been using gloves I found at home depot, they are yellow with black rubberized palms and fingers. They come in a 10 pair pack for 10 bucks. They hold up really well, I buy a pack about every 9 months. When they get really dirty I throw them in a bucket of soapy water, rinse and dry. The only problem I have is that I usually wear only the left glove so I can manage the deus remote and cellphone. I have about 60 perfect right hand gloves. I has been my dream to find a friend who only wears right gloves to give them to. :lol:

I have been using gloves I found at home depot, they are yellow with black rubberized palms and fingers. They come in a 10 pair pack for 10 bucks. They hold up really well, I buy a pack about every 9 months. When they get really dirty I throw them in a bucket of soapy water, rinse and dry. The only problem I have is that I usually wear only the left glove so I can manage the deus remote and cellphone. I have about 60 perfect right hand gloves. I has been my dream to find a friend who only wears right gloves to give them to. :lol:

Thats hilarious. I work in a glass shop and when we cast we only use right hand welding gloves....so I used to end up with tons of left. That is untill i found a company that will sell me only right hand gloves. you should see if you can just order a box of lefts.

Best advice is to go try a bunch on. What I look for is comfort, flexability and hopefully a touch of warmth for chilly days. I use the Mechanix gloves that run about 5 bucks a pair

i currently use mechanics gloves that I got on sale from Harbor Freight. They seem to hold up well.
Gloves.jpg

I use the Gorilla Grip coated gloves from home depot for about $6. The best thing about them is the fingers are actual finger length and they fit snug.

Thank you for bringing this up I have yet to find a pair where my pointer and middle fingers don't end up popping through or they are too thick and feel like oven mitts I'm gonna try a couple pairs suggested above

I go to the mens clothing section in walmart and there is a wide selection of gloves there near the thermals and work t-shirts. Mostly Wells Lamont brand, all different types. I get the thin nitrile coated gloves that keep my hands clean and provide a little protection without losing too much dexterity. Get 5 pairs for about a dollar a piece.

Mechanix. The real ones. As I AM a mechanic in real life,I happen to have a lot of them. If real Mechanix gloves are wearing out in 10 hunts,here’s a suggestion...use the Lesche to dig the hole FIRST!:lol:
Seriously,if you never change your settings or never have to adjust anything,big old Grover gloves will work. But if you need “feel”...they won’t.
Opinions on gloves will be numerous,just buy and try.

Back
Top Bottom