SF east bay area

Mitynerp

Hi this may sound stupid but im kinda new to detecting and I just got a ctx 3030. I have no idea how to use this thing and would appreciate some help. Im in the SF bay area. Im more than happy to drive up to 2 hours to get some detection time with someone who knows how to use this thing. My only prior experience is a going out several times with a ACE 250. I found it amazing that all of this stuff was right under my feet and nobody knew about it so I thought buying the ctx would help me dig less trash. Not sure what other info anyone might want but just ask. Thanks!

Hi this may sound stupid but im kinda new to detecting and I just got a ctx 3030. I have no idea how to use this thing and would appreciate some help. Im in the SF bay area. Im more than happy to drive up to 2 hours to get some detection time with someone who knows how to use this thing. My only prior experience is a going out several times with a ACE 250. I found it amazing that all of this stuff was right under my feet and nobody knew about it so I thought buying the ctx would help me dig less trash. Not sure what other info anyone might want but just ask. Thanks!

Hello there mitynerp. Depending on whereabouts in the SF east bay you're at, I'm 1.5 to 2-ish hr. south of you. In Salinas, Ca.

There's a club in Concord (although I think attendance is way down lately). Another club in San Jose, and one south of SF. You might find someone proficient with the CTX 3030 there.

I'm not proficient with that machine. I use the evolution step beneath that incarnation: The Exp. II. But if you learn some programs, and want to simply try it out, you're welcome to make the drive down my way for some flagged signals testing @ sites :)

Thanks for the info! I’ll check into the clubs but Salinas is close enough for me to drive I’m in Dublin. Do you know how I can find more info about the club so I can contact someone?

Thanks for the info! I’ll check into the clubs but Salinas is close enough for me to drive I’m in Dublin. Do you know how I can find more info about the club so I can contact someone?

Which club ? The club in Concord is : http://mdmdc.com/

The club in San jose is : http://www.members.tripod.com/~waipahuhaole1/treasurehunters.html

And I don't know the info. on the club south of SF. But the md'r dealer in Foster City will have the info. on them.

As for the drive to Salinas: I must warn you, I'm not a fan of the CTX. I tried it a few times, but didn't find much advantage over the Exp. II (at least not that was worth the added Star Trek Enterprise control complications, haha) So I can't help you on settings. But if you get programs from the net (or simply the manual and pre-sets), and do some air/bench tests of objects on your own, you're welcome to make the drive down. And can go over flagged signals at various back-pocket test sites here.

Hello !

I'm out in Tracy ( just over the Altamont ) .......... Perhaps we could hook-up

for a hunt ? Somewhere ? :?:

I recently purchased a Whites MX Sport and just starting to get the 'hang' of it !

Drop me an email .... [email protected] :yes:

Kevin Maloy

Hayward

Hey guys im getting back into the hobby. Im in the east bay too in hayward. Im free some friday afternoon and saturday and sunday mornings.

Hello! I live in Ripon CA. 20 min. from Tracy, I just ordered a Fisher Gold Bug Pro from ebay, I need to go out and learn how to use it. Primary I want to go hunting for gold nuggets, also panning for gold.
My email is : [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom