First Silver- RESEARCH PAID OFF

FireKing22

New to Seriously Metal detecting and over the last 3 months have found multiple wheaties but the oldest to date was 1945. So i decided to do some old map overlays and find some older spots. After 2 days of research i set my sights on a spot known to have visitors pre 1900. After 2 hours of detecting i had found some old iron, then i found a late 1800’s button amd within 2 feet 4 inches under ground a 1893 Barber Dime. Holy S&$? Was I floored. Since this i have found a 1927 wheatie and lots of other interesting things. So to the newbies out there. Put the research time in and think outside the box and you might beat your previous coin record by 50 years or so! Now I’m really hooked!!

Attachments

• A11CA063-9C9C-4F43-AFEF-33E92FDEA608.jpeg
    A11CA063-9C9C-4F43-AFEF-33E92FDEA608.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 81F3B1FC-FD52-4C49-A63B-0E35BA4B4076.jpeg
    81F3B1FC-FD52-4C49-A63B-0E35BA4B4076.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 391
  • F2A349A1-AF2B-4AC1-A869-66BF4DDA4A2D.jpeg
    F2A349A1-AF2B-4AC1-A869-66BF4DDA4A2D.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 385
Great way to start the year Brad. Congrats on the second year Barber. Very sweet save. Good luck and good hunting in 2021. Mark

Congratulations! That's a great find and you definitely earned it. As Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith would say, "I love it when a plan comes together."

What ? Your FIRST silver coin was a barber ?? THAT'S CHEATING ! You're supposed to "pay your dues" like the rest of us had to. You have to find a silver roosie first. Then some mercs. And THEN you can go to Barbers. You have to do it in date order. No skipping to the head of the class ! :mad:

So now, go do the right thing and rebury that dime. Ok ? :aok:

Thank you to everyone!! I honestly feel a little guilty for this to be my first silver, I’ve been a coin freak my whole life digging through thousands of bank rolled coins and it’s ironic it took me digging to get my oldest coin ever. Hopefully this won’t be my last for awhile. I literally screamed Holy S&!? And everyone in the areas head whipped around. A moment I’ll never forget. I still can’t believe it. Now it’s time to find a gold one. Just an FYI rang up 26 on my Minelab 800. So wasn’t really expecting anything but a rosy.

I literally screamed Holy S&!? And everyone in the areas head whipped around. A moment I’ll never forget.

You'll learn to temper your responses pretty quick, especially if you ever go on a paid hunt. Nothing like being on acres of hot potential and suddenly get invaded by 60 other people. While I'm exaggerating (slightly), I saw a similar thing happen a few months ago when a guy found a gold coin and advertised it. The area looked like the surface of the moon in short order. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom