• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fnds

billr1234

Newbie just learning my Simplex. Found lots of junk in my yard, pull tabs,squashed cans, other aluminum. Have found a few things, couple of memorials, quarter, and a couple of unknowns. myfinds.jpg

Congrats on the new Simplex. Keep hunting, that yard isn’t even close to being hunted out. You haven’t found any plumbing fittings, old rusty hinges or cheap silverware yet. You’ve only scraped the surface! I’ve hunted my yard with a BH Tracker IV, Simplex, Simplex with the smaller coil, and I have a Vanquish on the way that I will no doubt take out in the yard for a test run. Every time I think it’s cleaned out I manage to find something else.

Will do

Have found lots of junk also. Just found a iron ring, 4 in. diameter. My only regret is I didn't start a long time ago. Will be 77 in 3 weeks.

I bought my first detector 8 years ago at 71 years old. Worked my yard before i ever ventured out to other territories. Dug over four dollars in modern coins out of that yard along with far too many aluminum cans.

My two boys were careless with their money. My eldest claimed that he lost his high school class ring in the yard. I searched the yard multiple times and could not find it.

My wife had knee replacement surgery and stopped on the sidewalk to get her self ready for the walk to the car. Looked under a shrub beside the sidewalk and noticed something round. Took her cane and pulled the item to her and began yelling for me. I was scared that she had fallen and rushed to the door and she exclaimed I found Ernie's Class ring. That ring had laid under that shrub for 27 years. Apparently the clay and leaf debris kept it from sinking.

I love the hobby. Just wish i had started much younger.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom