Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Lost and Found

Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Default Lost Key found

Ok, this is just for bragging, lol.

I have found hundreds of keys over the years but the one I found this morning was the most entertaining.

The fiancée sends me a text this morning telling me not to leave for work because she was out running and lost the house key and she didn't want to be locked out. She said she had just spent over 30 min looking for it. I went down to where she said she lost it and took the X-terra 50 with me. I had about 10 minutes left before I needed to head to work. I threw my own house key (which was the same as the one she lost) on the ground and it read a VDI of 27. I rejected all other numbers and went to swinging looking only for surface hits ignoring anything deeper. Found it in less than a minute.

Moral of the story: Don't waste 30min searching for a metal object when your significant other has been finding metal objects as a hobby for most of his life.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Elite Member

Cool Story, glad you found the key!