Finally a class ring

hammer3031

So I asked my next door neighbor if I go through her yard she said yes of course anytime. And I couldn't move a step without a signal it was overwhelming and all this is just from the tiny front yard. Anyways I got 13 wheats, ton of clad, half a pocket watch, three more name plates which I found in my other neighbors yard same name and address kinda weird. And if you go to help ID my finds I put them up and got a really cool back story about them. I also got a mother's den boy scout pin, three little tin cookie cutter I'm guessing, a tobacco smoking pipe cap, a lipstick case, few cars and some trash but than I got the class ring with a name inside trying to find her and hopefully get it back to her with a pic šŸ˜. No silver but with all this stuff out of the way using just my x5 on my etrac I think I'm gonna go back with the stock coil or the detech ultimate there has to be at least one in there somewhere. Oh by the way the house was built in 1900.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190821_213759~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20190821_213759~2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_20190821_211922~2.jpg
    IMG_20190821_211922~2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_20190821_212137~2.jpg
    IMG_20190821_212137~2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 539
The ring has tiny markings I can't read all I see is k but I'm guessing 10. I should have washed it before taking the pic but I was paranoid I was gonna ruin it somehow lol.

Wow thats really cool! A nice hunt! Should be silver co ins in there too with all the wheats. Is it gold? Looks almost silver from here. Cleaning it won't hurt the value, and they usually look 100% better when clean, I just dug my first a few weeks back as well. Big congrats!

Yards like that are so much fun! I bet there's a silver coin or two in there somewhere.

You probably already know this, but that's the high school Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic of Nirvana attended. That would have been a couple of years later.

It's crazy those same name tags (from the your ID my finds post) are scattered around several houses. To me, it seems to support the fishing net/trap theory since there are so many of them.

Wow congrats on the class ring - yet to find one of those myself!

Quite an array of cool finds in there too, very cool yard, and with a 1900's home I would hit that baby over and over and over :)

So I asked my next door neighbor if I go through her yard she said yes of course anytime. And I couldn't move a step without a signal it was overwhelming and all this is just from the tiny front yard. Anyways I got 13 wheats, ton of clad, half a pocket watch, three more name plates which I found in my other neighbors yard same name and address kinda weird. And if you go to help ID my finds I put.........

Check your personal messages...

Gotta be more there for you to find. Use a different approach next hunt. North to south or east to west. Swing low and slow.
Good luck

At least that class ring is old enough to be made of gold Just in case you never locate the owner. I found two class rings last year and both were junk metal. I was able to return both of them. One had been lost for two years. Belonged to the daughter of a man I worked with for 14 years. Good luck on your search for the owner. I would think that there should be a silver coin or more in that yard.

Back
Top Bottom