Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 03:40 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Beachbuzz View post
I wear these in or out of the water. Spray em off and ring em out. They last forever and fit great.
i do the half and half guys that you can buy in bulk, but they don't last real long. thanks, i'll check these out!

Old 08-25-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Skwerly View post
i do the half and half guys that you can buy in bulk, but they don't last real long. thanks, i'll check these out!
They run large. I normally wear a large but medium is what I wear in these. They sell them at harbor freight if you have one close by.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:58 PM
Elite Member

i dooooooooooo! ok, thank you!

Old 08-25-2019, 04:30 PM
Supporter

Remember to have all your orange cones out when parked. Front and rear driver’s side, and one one the passenger side so when picked up, you do the “circle of safety”. This also applies when gassing up at the station. You can’t be too safe! The life you save may be your own.

Old 08-25-2019, 04:40 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
Remember to have all your orange cones out when parked. Front and rear driver’s side, and one one the passenger side so when picked up, you do the “circle of safety”. This also applies when gassing up at the station. You can’t be too safe! The life you save may be your own.
Is this a serious post?

Old 08-25-2019, 05:41 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Skwerly View post
Is this a serious post?

A lot of utility company’s require such things. Even when stopping at McDonald’s to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by KOB View post
Why in God's green earth would you stick your hand in a hole that you can't see ? Idk. I'm not a pro when it comes to being a dirt digger. If I saw that glass/bottlecap , why not use your tool to dig it out ? Don't even take a chance. Glove or no glove. Seems like a no brainer or no brains too me.
Some jokes come to mind but I’ll not go Andrew dice clay!

Holy balls, I own a equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro X 2, Garrett at Gold, Minelab Gold monster 1000,Garrett treasure ace 200, Bounty hunter SS 2, whites Prizm 2, Garrett ace 350, Whites prizm Iv, jr BH, 2 Off brand detectors,At gold,xterra 705(Sold it), whites xlt, 1 Large awesome wet scoop, 4 beach scoops, 2 Garrett at pinpointers (carrots) I’m sure I’m missing something else lol!

Old 08-25-2019, 06:14 PM
Supporter

I keep forgetting to grab my gloves, recent major so cal beach I was blown away with the glass and razor sharp metal I found. Luckily sand scooped instead of grabbed!

Holy balls, I own a equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro X 2, Garrett at Gold, Minelab Gold monster 1000,Garrett treasure ace 200, Bounty hunter SS 2, whites Prizm 2, Garrett ace 350, Whites prizm Iv, jr BH, 2 Off brand detectors,At gold,xterra 705(Sold it), whites xlt, 1 Large awesome wet scoop, 4 beach scoops, 2 Garrett at pinpointers (carrots) I’m sure I’m missing something else lol!

Old 08-25-2019, 06:28 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by OneStudPuppy View post
Some jokes come to mind but I’ll not go Andrew dice clay!
C’mon, quote the Dice man!

Old 08-26-2019, 08:50 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by N6BY View post
I don't dig with my hands so I have never been cut. I rely on my digging tool and sometimes my pinpointer to break up small clumps of dirt to see whats inside. Only when I know whats there do I use my hand.
Same here. When I started out bottledigging (14 y.o.) I stupidly would get down to where the bottle was, then stick my hand in and finish freeing it up - only to feel that weird slicing and pull out a bloody finger/hand. I learned very quickly to just use my small digger and other tools around it and extract it after I could see what I had. VERY seldom broke any bottle that way. Most that came out broke were in the ground that way already. I MD the same way. Gloves are just too bulky for intricate work like that for me. Cannot remember last time I was cut.

The same for driving in winter with a cold steering wheel. I never could wear gloves driving.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:04 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by L0S3R View post
A lot of utility company’s require such things. Even when stopping at McDonald’s to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, sure, but that's a CYA thing as they are afraid of lawsuits. That being said, I do keep cones in the rig.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:56 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by NCtoad View post
I always wear a glove on my left hand which the hand I use to retrieve the target. Hardly ever wear one on my right hand which the hand I use to hold the detector.
same here.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:58 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ToySoldier View post
I wear gloves. I prefer the neoprene/nitrile dipped gloves because they're thinner, tighter, and provide some texture for gripping. Hardly notice them.
ditto.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Supporter

Found yesterday in a hole at a neighbors yard.
About 5 inches down, full razor blade.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf-Dog View post
I do the same thing. And since I swing my detector with my right hand, the handgrip doesn't get dirty.
I've been wearing 2 Harbor Freight specials and YES I have a dirty grip...on my detector that is. But what a great idea...I am gonna lose the right one and keep my grip clean from now on.